3000 to die in climate change!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ade B

MB Enthusiast
Car
2006 Accord Tourer iCDTI EX
At an average of 27 degrees over a 24 hour period.... crikey half the planet must be at risk....

My brother in law was complaining its chilly in Jakarta at 28 degrees C....

How did they work this out???

Ade

Just a preclude to bring in more taxes mate.
Same as 2000 terrorists waiting to strike targets. if you know them then go and get them.
basically if you make people really scared, you can get them to do what you want.
27degrees is not even hot.
you will think everyone in africa will be dead now at an average of 36 all year round

People / Companies / Governments are making money out of all this. When is it going to stop. Pay more tax and it will help fix all the problems ? Please explain, Mr Brown.

I reckon it is the Sun that is causing climate change, The earth repairs itself from pollution. Always has done.

Not intending this to be a rant on climate change - plenty of that on this forum, just questioning how they make the link between mass deaths and mildly hot summers....

Ade

there is no link.
the link is that scared people pay more taxes e.g old ladies , honest workers, working class men/women
Unscared people do not give a toss about taxes e.g joyriders, druggies burglars

Last edited:
another idea.
They are trying to encourage people to holiday in iceland so as to give spain and the carribeans/Goa a run for their money

Holiday in iceland/ scandinavia and be alive tomorrow after 24hrs

Reuters

Some info on this from REUTERS. Figures are modelled on how many extra people died in Europe during the heat wave that occured in 2003. 14,000 in France alone. How did they reach this figure --probably by counting the bodies. :rolleyes: One bonus will be that fewer people will die of hypothermia in winter that's provided they haven't been made homeless by flooding of course.:crazy: People most at risk will be the very young-babies are not good at regulating body temperature, likewise the old and infirm and people who find it difficult to afford air conditioning.

LONDON (Reuters) - There is a 25 percent chance that a severe heat wave will strike England and kill more than 6,000 people before 2017 if no action is taken to deal with the health effects of climate change, a report said on Tuesday.

The report for the Department of Health estimated more than 3,000 people could die in an intense summer hot spell in southeast England, with just as many more dying from heat-related deaths over the summer.

Until 2012, when London stages the summer Olympic Games, the odds of thousands dying in summer heat each year will be 1 in 40, the report said, and thousands more could die each year as a result of other effects of global warming and air pollution.
"In terms of conventional thinking about risks to health, a risk of 1 in 40 is high," the report said.
Tens of thousands died across Europe in a heat wave during the summer of 2003, including over 14,000 people in France, but so far people living in Britain have coped with rising temperatures.
Although more summer deaths are expected, fewer people will die in Britain as a result of cold winter weather, as the world warms up because of rising carbon emissions from human activity.

Some info on this from REUTERS. Figures are modelled on how many extra people died in Europe during the heat wave that occured in 2003. 14,000 in France alone. How did they reach this figure --probably by counting the bodies. :rolleyes: One bonus will be that fewer people will die of hypothermia in winter that's provided they haven't been made homeless by flooding of course.:crazy: People most at risk will be the very young-babies are not good at regulating body temperature, likewise the old and infirm and people who find it difficult to afford air conditioning.

LONDON (Reuters) - There is a 25 percent chance that a severe heat wave will strike England and kill more than 6,000 people before 2017 if no action is taken to deal with the health effects of climate change, a report said on Tuesday.

The report for the Department of Health estimated more than 3,000 people could die in an intense summer hot spell in southeast England, with just as many more dying from heat-related deaths over the summer.

Until 2012, when London stages the summer Olympic Games, the odds of thousands dying in summer heat each year will be 1 in 40, the report said, and thousands more could die each year as a result of other effects of global warming and air pollution.
"In terms of conventional thinking about risks to health, a risk of 1 in 40 is high," the report said.
Tens of thousands died across Europe in a heat wave during the summer of 2003, including over 14,000 people in France, but so far people living in Britain have coped with rising temperatures.
Although more summer deaths are expected, fewer people will die in Britain as a result of cold winter weather, as the world warms up because of rising carbon emissions from human activity.

Utter crap!

probably by counting the bodies.
rolleyes.gif

Of people who died directly as a result of an average temperature of 27 degrees C...

Where do we reckon daytime and nighttime temps would be to give this figure. I remember a few balmy nights last year.. but to die directly because of this doesn't seem to stack up...

The statistics may be there, but I find the interpretation staggering..

Ade

If you saw the pictures of French hospital corridors filled with people dying of heat stroke you might change your mind. The problem was that the intense heat lasted for so many days. Buildings that would normally cool down overnight eventually retained heat such that there was no relief in a 24 hour period. That's when people begin to fall over. Hospitals in France were eventually overwhelmed by the number of victims they had to deal with on top of their normal medical workload of the sick and dying. I don't think the media in this country gave it much coverage at the time. The estimated figures of 2139 (16%) for the UK in that period are given here. http://www.eurosurveillance.org/em/v10n07/1007-228.asp

Last edited:
Anyone still nervous about the errrrrrmm......millenium bug? :crazy:

they did not die because of the heat in france. they died because they did not receive adequate medical care when they went to the hospital as a consequence.
Anyway since global warming as i have said is caused by overpopulation and ever growing number then maybe it cancels instead out.
Over here we have a massive area of land that has been a flood plain for years and during the rains the place turns to a lake as most of the rivers and drains feed into it.

What have the council done? you guessed it. sold the land to developers to put up houses on it.
so when the next rain comes, the houses get flooded, the surrounding areas get flooded and the council then collects tax from the new houses and the stamp duty to the government while making a case for taxing cars more as the city is now flooded.

What a brilliant idea.
deliberately flood the city and then tax the inhabitants for sorting out your mess.

Last edited:
People most at risk will be the very young-babies are not good at regulating body temperature, likewise the old and infirm and people who find it difficult to afford air conditioning.

they probably will be able to afford it if they were not taxed to death in their old age and spend half their live savings and pensions on council tax.

You can not win in this country.
In the winter old people die as they cannot afford to heat their homes. In the summer they die as they cannot afford to cool their homes.

i have told all the old people i know take care of yourself and forget about taxes.
if you get put in jail, no one will touch you (you are too old)and you will get free food, heating, housing, get to watch sky for free.

Last edited:
I reckon it is the Sun that is causing climate change

Is that Page 3 or the whole newspaper? :devil:

On a serious note, I'm in the same camp as you on the cause of global warming. Variation in sun spot activity.

27 degrees is only 3 degrees hotter than my climate control in the car, perhaps I am causing global warming, must lower the temperature in the car:D :D

So what caused the last known ice age and thaw period, and who paid the tax to fix it, The Dinosours ?

Thousands of years ago, when the earth was covered in volcanoes emmitting sulphur of biblical proportions, much more pollution than we can imagine, the planet repaired itself. Many wars, causing unaccountable pollution, the planet repaired itself, without any taxes.

So why should it not now. My belief is, planet is going through another cycle of change. Happened in the past, will happen again.

Biggest pollutant today is aircraft exhaust and there is no mention of that on the news or any tax applied.

How much is aircraft fuel now. 65 pence per gallon ??

Last edited:
Heard on the radio today about pollution caused by sea transport (container ships)... Accounts for more than 5% of total human created carbon emissions!! :eek: :eek:

That's 5% of the 0.5% total human contribution to yearly global emissions!

"We're Doomed! Doomed, I tell ye"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom