300CE front roll bar mounts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Indyz12

Car
89 300CE, 83 500SEC, 93 500SEL, 91 500SL, 92 500SL, 94 500SL, 94 SEC600, 02 E320cdi, 98 C240, 98 SLK
Hi Guys. Ive seen many threads that mention the roll bar upgrade.
I have an eibach roll bar that i got really cheap. Its 27.5mm all the way through.
If i put the bar next to my original one, it seems slightly miss shaped, and when i go to mount it, i can get the mounting done on the wishbones, but the mounting brackets on the chassis legs are such that if it was even possible to get the bar mounted, the sump is in the way. Ive tried mounting the bracket 180 deg, which gets it closer to the bar, but still too high to mount as it will hit the sump.

1. Are there special sportline mountings that are longer to accomodate the sports bar or is the bar just badly manufactured?
2. Maybe i need to relpace my engine mounts to raise the engine (they dont seem to be shot tho)

My car is a 1989, with a M103.
Will post images soon

perhaps the guy sold you the wrong bar.

ask Eibach for the bar dimensions.

i contacted the main eibach dealer in the uk and the part numbers match up correctly.....

Are you sure they are not thinking about the W210 E class rather than the W124? post up the EIBACH PART NO on the bar.

finally remembered to get the numbers! numbers are: EW S 2505320VA
images are below:

Attachments

• DSC00360.jpg
    DSC00360.jpg
    208.8 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00361.jpg
    DSC00361.jpg
    206.5 KB · Views: 40
  • DSC00362.jpg
    DSC00362.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 40
According to this rather ancient Russian catalogue its the correct part no. I can only assume some form of spacer/adapter is required to attach it to the suspension arm and/or rollbar mountings Google Translate

I got a feeling its specific to the 4 cylinder models.
Anyone interested in a sportsline bar? 27.5MM all the way!
Bushings included!

I got a feeling its specific to the 4 cylinder models.
Anyone interested in a sportsline bar? 27.5MM all the way!
Bushings included!

I think you're right. The six cylinder ARB is straighter in shape than the four as it has to accommodate the extra two cylinders. I know a good number of W201 owners have used a similar ARB to stiffen the front end. It just needs a bit lopping off each end to fit. Might be worth registering at www.mercedes190.co.uk and posting it for sale there. I don't think you'll have much difficulty finding a buyer.

Last edited:
Cheers mate! didnt think of that even though i knew 190 owners use them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom