300CE Interior Refresh using Furniture Clinic products.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ray_hennig

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB 300CE-24 Sportline
I’ve just had 2 weeks at home doing some work on the interior. I found a chap not far from my son’s work place who’s breaking a '95 E220 (I think) coupé. My son took his van and €220 changed hands for a 90% complete interior.

This - the original 300CE24 interior - is the sort of thing we started with:

image.jpg2340x4160 3.7 MB

We got weaving on the newly acquired seats, using a complete leather restoration kit from Furniture Clinic.

And this is the end result:

image.jpg4160x2340 2.6 MB

image.jpg4160x2340 2.94 MB

This is the most flattering picture, showing that the 420K Km car still can be made to look OK-ish. Don’t look too closely. But, at least, it’s rust-free.

image.jpg4160x2340 4.81 MB

Oh, and I took the opportunity, when all the seats were out, of installing my €100 Bluetooth radio. And it works. I asked my wife to phone me when I was in the car. She said, “Ok, give me 10 minutes”. Then an anonymous tele-sales bloke phoned - great timing. I told him I couldn’t discuss his offerings due to being horizontal in a car testing Bluetooth. That got rid of him!

image.jpg4160x2340 2.6 MB

And I installed another ashtray assembly I got for about €25 and, having cleaned up the lighter with my Dremel, that all now works like new.

Overall, a very satisfying long weekend.

Best to all.

RayH

Make sure you get the seat belt extenders and the plastic trim that surrounds where the seat belt rests on the butler. The sun destroys the plastic on them over time.

Always good to have a wreck not too far away. :):)

Did you fill the cracks in the leather first, is that how it's done?

Did you fill the cracks in the leather first, is that how it's done?

No filling. The "new" driver's seat does have some minor cracks; they are visible in the photo. However, our mission is not to create a prize-winning car. We both have other lives.

And the kit didn't include any filler and we couldn't wait. Maybe, one day, we'll have to redo the driver's seat but it isn't a priority.

R

Make sure you get the seat belt extenders The sun destroys the plastic on them over time.

Just ordered a pair of used belt extenders with their controllers. They look good and the vendor claims they are tested as operational. These are for the future as the extenders are still working well. Touch wood!

As for the plastic, I'm hoping that the donor vehicle will come up with more. It was a bit of a find. I'm hoping to visit they chap so I can get hold of miscellaneous trim, clips, vacuum pods, etc. etc.

Feeling pretty bullish about the project.

R

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom