300ce wing mirror

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anfieldassasin

Car
1988 300ce, E46 323ci, 1990 230ce C124 (sold), cl203 180k (other half)
hey all the driver manual wing mirror on my 88 300ce is a bit dodgy.

currently it is no longer connected to the mirror so moving it does not move the mirror. this happened because I was being overly forceful when adjusting the mirror.

the problem I have is that the even when. the lever was connected I could not move the mirror far enough inward's so I could so see the back end of the car and those behind me. currently I have to lean my head to the side slightly to see behind me otherwise all I get is a much wider view.

does the mirror housing come apart? anyone point me to a diy if they have seen one?

Had it ,done it, got the teashirt .Is it the lever thats broken off inside ? You can pick them up on ebay .I replaced the one in mine.Like you say ,i was not able to see the rear end of the car ,so it broke off the part you move it with and it came away in my hand. After i purchased a new adjuster arm . And i removed the morror from the door, to find the reason that i could not see the rear of the car .The mirror it self was clipped in to the plastic holder in the mirror back .The reason again ,i found the part it clips in to had gone inside the mirror, takeing with it the glass .It was still holding it in there but adjustment was restricted.Just pulled the retaining collar out and refitted the glass. But much better to replace the mirror all in one its quicker in the long run.

I am sure i posted a "how to" or instructions years ago on this. Too busy to find it now but it will be in my previous posts somewhere.

Thanks guys, the adjustment handle is still there attached but not connected to the mirror. I will take it apart soon and see what the deal is

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom