300d imobiliser problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rudolf

Car
w124 300d estate 94
Hi all,
My W124 96 300d estate developed a starting problem and the ignition was bypassed by the AA to get me home.
When I bought the car it had no remote fob and the driver door lock and ignition were damaged so I replaced with second hand parts which worked OK although the imobiliser never worked and I was happy to use the key.
However I recently had a veggie glow plug heater kit installed and the live wire shorted out after being crimped by the suspension bush of all things .The kit is on its own relay connected straight to battery with on /off switch on dash which is back working also.
There were no fuses gone and everything still works fine doors, roof ,windows lights etc.However it will now not start unless you open bonnet and bypass ignition using the temp fix from AA
I now have the imobiliser light on the dash flashing first time in 3 years , so its imobilised somehow due to the short and I do not have the fob.
I have a remote fob that came with the replacement door lock and ignition , does not work though.
Can anyone tell me how to disable the imobiliser or remove /bypass to get back to normal .
Quite happy not to have it deactivated or bypassd as it is unlikely that anyone is going to steal it at this stage of the game its just my veggie bus for everyday use.
I checked every post on w124 alarm/ imobiser posts to see if there was anything similar
Any advice greatly appriciated
Regards Rudolf

Dose it let the starter turn the engine? If it dose the imobiliser is just cutting the live to the diesel pump, in which case run a ignition controled live feed to the pump solinoid. If it is the starter that dosent work, you will need to run a wire from position 3 of the ignition switch down to the starter solinoid to trigger it.

The imobiliser itself lives in the passenger footwell under the carpet if you want to play with it.

Hope this is helpfull

Imobiliser update

Thanks Carat 3.6 AMG for posting a reply, I took to local auto electrical and their solution was to remove the imobiliser box from the footwell.. unfortunately it also controls the central locking and rear tailgate unknown to them ,can't access rear tailgate now unless I climb over the seats , less that ideal, however I took it back and auto electricians are telling me now the cant fix so I will have to find my own solution .. as it could have been damaged in the initial short circuit problem ..not bad at £45 per hour ,eh ...They suggested I find a new imobilser relay and car keys/ fob and replace everything I will try your suggestions before replacing anything.
Thanks again
Regards Rudolf

Last edited:
Carat 3.6 , sorry forgot to add that the ignition does not engage starter .all other electrics work but will not start with imobilser light remaining on.
Rudolf

I would just run a new wire from the starter solinoid back to position 3 of the ignition switch. Plug the imobiliser back in so everything works as normal, and you should be good to go.

I cant see why an auto electricion cant disarm the imobiliser on a 300d, it is a pretty basic system after all.

I have a e300 diesel (24 valve) that did the same thing, just bypassed, then removed the imobiliser.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom