300e brabus twin turbo - exchange and mart

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

eitan

Car
mercedes 190
Hi guys
seen this car advertised for 6-7 months at least for 3300, it didnt sell...
Its a manual left hooker with what seems to be a mosselman kit.
Contacted the seller, didnt get very good info. I'm from Israel and i was nearly tempted...but the fact that at this price nobody grabbed it was a bit suspecious...
Anybody saw that car? is it known to members? anybody knows the story?...
Thanks
Eitan

Can't advise but a proper detailed inspection required. The white doesn't help nor the wheels and one has to wonder about the car with such a crap advert. Has to be worth a look at all the same.

Most surprising thing for me was learning that Exchange & Mart still exists.

Ask if your friend that lives locally can go and look at it. The scammers normally come up with an excuse why you can't

dashw124 is the man to speak to all things w124. he will know the story behind it...

I thought Brabus only did 3.6, 6.5 and 7.3 engines in the W124?

I cant tell from the pic's, but it might just have a Brabus body kit. It certainly hasn't got a Brabus engine. and I'll bet it's on stock springs and shocks.

I remember this car being for sale a few years ago on E&M. It had the same level of detail.....photos and description are identical from what I remember. Because of this lack of detail, I, too, am sceptical that the car is complete conversion.

I believe Brabus did a TT back then. It would be interesting to know how their kit differed to those offered by Turbo Technics, Mosselman, Lotec and the like.

Darren

Last edited:
dashw124 is the man to speak to all things w124. he will know the story behind it...

Cant find him...I really want to know the story. I live in Israel and if this is real, i will import it...

Is it dw124?

Celebrity owned and the official 1985 touring "campionship" pace car....

Best of all that was in 1985 and the car was made in 1986.

Am I too cynical?

Hhh...i admit synicizm is called for here...the seller was very dogy, he didnt send pictures and details despite his promises, but eventually when he did, it was interesting. The car deffinately has its drowbacks, but on the looks of it it does have a twin turbo engine over an m103 engine with brabus cam cover. The bodywork looks genuine brabus, the same as the exhaust tips. The speedometer is in kmh and reads 300 with brabus statement, the wood looks original brabus, the steering wheel is correct...on the other hand, the interior is the simplest mercedes blue cloth, the extras are very minor for a brabus and the brabus plate which states "bn60" doesnt look genuine at all...
Cant send pm's, i'm new here....can anybody invite dw124 into this discussion?...

I thought Brabus only did 3.6, 6.5 and 7.3 engines in the W124?

They did 6.0 on the m119 too

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom