300E Hammer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
But they should have one with UK plates on.

Article makes reference to it being Mercedes' own museum car. Surprised they put miles on them..

ETA - Mercedes' museum includes tuner specials? (AMG being an independent when this car came out, right?)

Article makes reference to it being Mercedes' own museum car. Surprised they put miles on them..

ETA - Mercedes' museum includes tuner specials? (AMG being an independent when this car came out, right?)
The pic might be old,and yes AMG was independent.

When I was rebuilding my Hammer some years ago, I tried contacting AMG for service info to help with the rebuild of the engine and 1) they were completely uninterested and 2) denied ever having made such a car!!!....I suspect that this is mainly due to most of the staff being Mercedes staff rather than the old timers who used to work for AMG prior to being taken over.

Either way they were most unhelpful

That's very disappointing - not what I'd have expected to be honest, but having said that (acknowledging that you have an "AMG" and I have an "AMG Mercedes") the dealers won't even give me the time of day when I ask about a discount on the wings that I need because they made them out of melted-down Trabants and have failed within 10 years.

When I was rebuilding my Hammer some years ago, I tried contacting AMG for service info to help with the rebuild of the engine and 1) they were completely uninterested and 2) denied ever having made such a car!!!....I suspect that this is mainly due to most of the staff being Mercedes staff rather than the old timers who used to work for AMG prior to being taken over.

Was the same with a member here who`s done a convertion to a w124 with a c36 engine.After the engine was in,his loom would not start the car.He called AMG for help and explain what the story was,what they said

Why do wan`t to dso that :crazy:

I had a great deal of help from AMG when I was searching for original W126 SEC body parts. I had to find the right person, but when I did they went out of their way to help.

I got the feeling you needed to find and oldtimer (pre mercedes employee) though....

Also, if they're anything like the Swiss company I deal with for my supercharger, they hate the British and respond much better to (even a poorly machine-translated) a native-language email than a phone call.

Maybe I just have a racist supercharger though..

mine should look like that just a 3.2 engine and someone had the wheels away and put copy 17's on , the kit has amg stamps etc on though and stock numbers are on the side skirts with amg brand on underside at the fornt ., were these amgs or just dealer supplied kitted replicas i have a bill of sale but it just says w124 320 24v £38995.00 , This is the second one of them ive had over the years i foolishy sold the other which was all original . great car and plenty of power , i had a 560sel as a donor car but never got round to doing it but with the price of fuel and rate the 560 drunk it iam glad i never did , i wanted to lpg the w124 but ive been told i cant as it has a plastic inlet and i just wanted the old style lpg ? if anyone has any spares for the w124 amg style id buy them as iam never letting this one go .

I'm a bit surprised at bad service like that. I just had some brilliant service from Lorinser about some old wheels i got, they found another w126 with them on and measured them for me. Didnt expect them to go to so much effort. I would have thought AMG Mercedes would be similarly helpful.

I'm a bit surprised at bad service like that. I just had some brilliant service from Lorinser about some old wheels i got, they found another w126 with them on and measured them for me. Didnt expect them to go to so much effort. I would have thought AMG Mercedes would be similarly helpful.

Try Carlsson,even better :thumb:

Regretfully and sadly true...

In the USA there sometimes is help from the factory "MB Classic Center" in Irvine California.

They've just added the 124 chassis to the vehicles they support.

Best hope for early AMG info in the USA is to seek out past employees of AMG Westmont and BHMA.
One very knowledgeable individual owns Renntech in Florida...:thumb:

Ed A.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom