300SE starting problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Catman

Car
Mercedes E240
My W126 has become difficult to start. Unless I depress the accelerator pedal the engine just dies. The only way I can get it start is to keep the accelerator depressed until the water temperature is almost 80 degrees - then I can take my foot of the pedal and all is OK. When I have been out on the road the engine did die when I was in a queue of traffic, although it did restart after a couple of turns of the ignition switch. Also, when it is ticking over, the engine revs rise and fall occasionally. My neighbour says that I should change the fuel filter (I have never changed it in the 9 years that I have had the car) - would this improve matters? What do any members think might be the problem?:(

My W126 has become difficult to start. Unless I depress the accelerator pedal the engine just dies. The only way I can get it start is to keep the accelerator depressed until the water temperature is almost 80 degrees - then I can take my foot of the pedal and all is OK. When I have been out on the road the engine did die when I was in a queue of traffic, although it did restart after a couple of turns of the ignition switch. Also, when it is ticking over, the engine revs rise and fall occasionally. My neighbour says that I should change the fuel filter (I have never changed it in the 9 years that I have had the car) - would this improve matters? What do any members think might be the problem?:(

Hi

fuel Filter should be changed regularly, the KE Jetronic fuel system requires excellent fuel filtration in order to provide the fuel distributor with the required fuel pressure.

dizzy cap and rotor arm should also be checked and replaced if necessary as per Member "ianrandom" post.

mazza

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom