300SE W126 vacuum problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Catman

Car
Mercedes E240
:confused:When I last posted I asked what the correct resistance across the ICV pins was, as the forum had given two posts with readings of 5 and 4.8 ohms. I was getting 7.8 ohms.
I did not get any replies, so I sent off for another ICV. Lo and behold the reading across the pins was 7.9 ohms - so now I am even more confused. Nowhere on the internet can I find the specification of the Idle Control Valve, so I am still in the dark about this. My economy gauge apparently should be hard left at idle, mine is at the halfway mark on the dial - so it looks as if I have a vacuum leak somewhere. I do not know where to start. I remove the air filter casing and am faced with a myriad of tubes - where do I start? Does anyone know where I can get a vacuum pipe layout for this car? Where do I look, and what am I looking for? Also, what is the best method for finding a vacuum leak? I hope someone reading this knows some answers, as naturally I am using a lot more petrol now as the engine is running rich.

You need to have a smoke test done by somone with the correct equipment.
If you were to include your location in your ID we might be able to point you to someone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom