300TD auto box

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mkirkby

HI All,

My 300TD box has finally stated to fail in reverse when warm after 360,000 miles. I realise it is a common issue and the cheapest option is probably a replacement box but does anyone know how many different types of 4 speed auto boxes where fitted to the w124 series?

Would I be able to pick up a salage one from a 95 model for example or were there a multitude of different options through the years necessitating the search of the exact one for my car?

Thanks

I may have one. Contact the Mods and ask to be put in touch with my email. You don't have sufficient postings for the pm system.

First thing before you message is to get the serial number off the right hand sump flange of your gearbox.

I may have one. Contact the Mods and ask to be put in touch with my email. You don't have sufficient postings for the pm system.

First thing before you message is to get the serial number off the right hand sump flange of your gearbox.

Thanks, I'll get down under the car in the cold and the wet pennine weather tomorrow morning... :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom