300td

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Big Jim

Car
CLS63
Is this a good deal?

I'm a bit concerened that the MOT is running out shortly..but it might be a bargaining tool.

MERCEDES-BENZ E300 TD , 5 Doors, Automatic, Estate, Diesel, K Reg , 118,000 miles, MOT-03-2006, 1 Owner. Mint condition, ABS, Air conditioning, Alloy wheels, Anti theft system, CD Multichanger, Central locking, Child locks, Cloth upholstery, Cruise control, Driver airbag, Electric mirrors, Electric windows, Electric sunroof, Full service history, Metallic paintwork, Power assisted steering, Remote locking, Roof rails, Self levelling suspension, Telephone, Tinted glass.Insurance Group:14, £2,795

The description sounds good.

Negotiate a price with the seller, without discussing the MOT (unless he does). Then, when the price is agreed, tell him "I'll throw in another £100 if you renew the MOT before sale".

If he says "No", then you know he's hiding something (or suspects there is an issue).

If he agrees, then you've just spent £70-odd on peace of mind.

PJ

Yep - two weeks to go.......the 300TD is for my old man.

The car sounds Ok.
As long as the engine starts from stone cold, isn't smoking or losing fluids then it will be mechanically good.
Check the underbody for rust and general MOT checks then offer low due to the short MOT.

MB parts are cheap and the 300 diesel is virtually bomb proof.

Just a quick one to let you know we didn't end up buying the one I've listed above, but we did find a 1990, 300TD with all the top specs with 160km on the clock for £3k. Seems expensive for the age of the car...but I think it's worth paying a bit more for a better model.

Car seems solid enough. I hope Dad enjoys driving it as much as I did driving it home on Sunday.

Thanks for all the help and advice

Jim

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom