307D won't start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

307D horse box

Car
mk1v supra Ford Galaxy VW Passat TDI 140Merc 307D H/Box
Hi anyone out there familiar with the om616 in the 307d,its been starting ok ran out of diesel whilst working on it now it just clicks under the bonnet.It got a fairly new starting motor & new battery glow plug light goes off when it supposed to, lights on dash stay well lit but when its time to start it just clicks. The truck usually starts on the button even when left for long periods.
The clicking comes from what looks like a starting relay(not sure) along side the clutch master cylinder. Any ideas would be much appreciated

Hi anyone out there familiar with the om616 in the 307d,its been starting ok ran out of diesel whilst working on it now it just clicks under the bonnet.It got a fairly new starting motor & new battery glow plug light goes off when it supposed to, lights on dash stay well lit but when its time to start it just clicks. The truck usually starts on the button even when left for long periods.
The clicking comes from what looks like a starting relay(not sure) along side the clutch master cylinder. Any ideas would be much appreciated
Thanks for reply, flat battery was my 1st thought, i tried to jump it from my passat tdi still no start, tried 2 different batteries from other trucks, unbolted starter to check wiring cleaned terminals etc , put back in still wont start.

Duff solenoid on starter?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom