320 CDI Engine Changing Fan Belt

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Paul P

Car
E320 CDI Estate 210 Elegance Facelift Yr 2000
Anybody changed a fan belt on a 320 CDI Engine (year 2000) The belt also drives the fan , the alternater etc.I have been looking for the belt adjuster to slacken it off can anybody help please.
Paul P :rolleyes:

Did you ever find out how to do this? I need to do it on my E320 CDI (year 2000). It's probbaly very obvious when I look at it but I haven't had a chance yet.

It may be like mine on my 220 cdi.
Ian Walker did the belt for me a few weeks back.
Ask him how to free off the tensioner.

Paul P said:
Anybody changed a fan belt on a 320 CDI Engine (year 2000) The belt also drives the fan , the alternater etc.I have been looking for the belt adjuster to slacken it off can anybody help please.
Paul P :rolleyes:

I have not done mine as yet, they last a long time, but here is what I remember.

To change the serpentine belt, unclip the fan cowling, unclip either side top radiator plastic cowling,remove, note how the cowling fits around the radiator, twist, think anti clockwise, and lower, fit small round bar/ or whatever handy in hole above the tensioner spring, you'll see it near the 13mm bolt, undo 13mm bolt and remove, let spring relax, remove belt, noting how it goes over the pulleys, fit belt,refit bolt and thats it, draw a diagram on a bit of paper so you can refer to it before you remove to make it easier, looks tricky but dead easy, few minutes job, make sure radiator cowling surround clicks into place and is fitted correctly all round, refit top cowling.
job done

In the tensioner is a Torex cut out just below the pulley. Insert a Torex bit and an extension bar. Move the bar anti clockwise, walla job done.

Dave K said:
Did you ever find out how to do this? I need to do it on my E320 CDI (year 2000). It's probbaly very obvious when I look at it but I haven't had a chance yet.
Hi Dave, Yes I Put a Torex bit in the tensioner with a 24" bar and move the bar anti clockwise, remove the radiaoter Cowling as (quote By Captain Peacock) Easy to do Paul

Many thanks for the replies chaps. Just got back from a trip to some Mickey Mouse outfit near Paris so sorry I'm a bit late with my thanks. The car has gone into the bodyshop this morning for the rear quarters to be replaced (only the roof and bonnet to go now and I'll have had every panel changed). So, I'll be using your putting your info to use as soon as I get it back.

Again, thanks everyone.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom