320cdi start times

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I would read the fault codes before you start ripping things apart, I still think it is the glow plug module.

hi, there are no codes showing in star. i agree with u, i'm waiting for warmer days, and will check if its improves starting which should help to diagnose if it is the controller

I would perform an injector leak off test before doing any more.

hi, there are no codes showing in star. i agree with u, i'm waiting for warmer days, and will check if its improves starting which should help to diagnose if it is the controller

Maybe not then, you get should this fault code if the module has gone down.

P0670 glow plug control module circuit/open

Good luck

Thanks Bazzer1, what if u don't use the car for 1 week how long does it take to start then?

I cant truthfully answer that question, When we go away on holiday, I always leave the battery on trickle charge, even if only for a week so that when I return the battery is in a fully charged peak condition and I have no problems starting ( I use a Lidl Ultimate Trickle Charger which they sell for around £ 12.95 and does the job really well )
The 320CDI needs a well charged Battery to crank it over
Hope this is of some help:thumb:
BAZZER1

A big thank you to Andy at PCD (PCD)

He ran the star diagnostics over the phone :D, and concluded that it was the glow plug module at fault.
I replaced it yesterday and this morning it started straight away:rock:

Ironically, I also got the Mercedes Club magazine in the post and there is a one page article on the same fault which appears to be common on the 320cdi engine. It gives a step by step procedure on replacing the module.

The new module is designed differently and smaller than the original module. Interestingly MB had plenty in stock, I wonder why.:rolleyes:

Thanks again Andy, a man with extensive knowledge.:thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom