320CE valuation help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MD5

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
wme451 a124 r129 s211 r230
Help wanted, please, in valuing a 93 320CE. A bereavement sale by the widowed wife, the car was owned by her husband from new, and has covered 98k miles.

The car is described as excellent condition, and I am guessing comes with full history. I don't really have any more info at the moment. Any ideas please?

320ce1.jpg

Yes when do I collect it Mike?

Ray, are you interested in it?

£3000-£5000 ballpark-- in the end Its worth what any buyer is prepared to pay. Only exceptionally clean totally original cars get "all the money" . Looks nice but impossible to say without further detailed inspection- e.g. are the front wings original??

£3000-£5000 ballpark-- in the end Its worth what any buyer is prepared to pay. Only exceptionally clean totally original cars get "all the money" . Looks nice but impossible to say without further detailed inspection- e.g. are the front wings original??

The car still looks new and in good condition.

However, I agree that further inspection is needed before purchasing the car to make sure it is still in its excellent condition.

In addition, if the car is worth for the buyer he or she would not pay additional cost for some repair.

Last edited:
While good 124 coupes can be worth strong money , you can equally see them go for hundreds rather than thousands - I saw one , admittedly a 230CE , on a used car lot for £800 recently . Looked tidy enough as I was passing but I didn't stop to look closely .

Think Grober is on the money price wise. It will need the loom replacing unless its been done already and will the HG need doing? Its only done 4-5k per annum so its probably lived in a garage. You have other 124's so you know what to look for. Drivers side headlight washer seems to be missing its rubber hose for the water. If it is missing then what else has been allowed to lapse; after all said and done its a 20 year old vehicle.

Thanks Guys. As you say, Matt, I was thinking the same as Graeme, and it would just need the right buyer, but the mileage doesn't make it especially attractive, depending on the history.

The car belonged to an old boss of a friend of mine, who was asking my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom