35 years ago today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MB Club Veteran
Car
Not always
Was the original Live Aid concert .

Given that it is one of those things everyone will have memories of , or at least you will remember where you were / what you were doing then , let's share our memories of that day .

I'll start - that was the day I sat Part 1 of my bike test ; I passed , but the bike engine blew up before I could sit part 2 , never got another bike so now I'd have to do it all over ... I had two VCR's set up at home to record the concert and watched the missed bits the next day .

We watched it at home with our recently born baby girl.

Reactions: 219
On a massive pub crawl ending in a house party.

I watched it in a mate's flat above a record shop in Yiewsley, I was distracted by his sister unfortunately but it was a long time ago....

I don't know where I was or what I was doing :(

Me neither.

I was 9/10 that year though... so that's my excuse and I would guess I was at home and probably watched some or a lot of it.

I've seen it on DVD many times though as we have it.

I was getting ready to exchange contracts to move house, after one year in our first home after getting married - it was a converted flat over a row of shops, terrible condition, cost every penny we could afford and more (100% mortgage!) and we made 30% profit on it. At one stage we were "making" more per month on the flat than we were earning.

Remember it well, I was working about the house and the garden.
It started to get a bit, well almost boring then Freddie Mercury came on stage.

I remember the crowd reaction Wow ! The rest is history.
Also remember Bob Geldof getting a bit vocal about making a donation.

I was 7 years old, and watched with all my family at home.👌🏻

A girl we knew at the time was working at one of the fast food stands there. She saw most of the concert!!

35 years ago? Wow!

I lived in London at the time and turned down tickets for it as consensus seemed to be it would be a bit of a damp squib

I'm sure I'll stop kicking myself one day.........

I watched all day with my soon to be first wife. My 19 year old brother was there.

I'd travelled to the South of France with my mates to do some holiday jobs and have a laugh. That day was my 21st birthday. I took a day off so we all went to hang out at the Lac St Cassienne.

Had absolutely no idea what people were talking about when I got home a month later.

What’s Live Aid
It’s a drink with organisms swimming around in it !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom