350 amg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tom Robson

Car
350sl
Hello,im new to the forum but had a 08 plate 350sl,i now fancy a 2011 onward slk350 but can only find amg spec,did this model only come in amg spec?

Do you mean AMG bumpers etc?

The only 2011+ SLK AMGs were the 55's.

Hello Admin lady,thanks for the reply,not the 55,just the 350 slk,every one advertised says amg! Think the amg package is bumpers,lowered suspension etc but i want one for touring europe so a basic model that is more comfortable,ie not lowered would be more desirable! The mercedes web site says all are slk350 as you say but all advertised say amg package! i just cant beleive all have had the amg package added? Thanks again for answering.

:D Admin lady.

Tom, ignore the fact AMG is written on the ads, it's to grab attention, it's just AMG Sport, so bumpers and bigger wheels.

SL350 could come in various trim levels, and AMG Sport is just one of them. It's not an AMG, and doesn't come with the associated running costs of one.

The AMG SL models are SL55 AMG and SL63 AMG, SL73 AMG historically too! 350 and below is just AMG Sport if it mentions those 3 letters. :)

AMG is thrown about fairly loosely when selling Merc's. This makes it very difficult for you the buyer knowing what you are actually being sold. But as Karl says if it s not a 55? Then it is not an AMG (for that year) it may have some bits stuck on and these can vary depending on what was ordered and what was bought on ebay.

Sorry to sound so vague, but that is really is about it. The same issue occurs with M cars in the BMW range and to a lesser degree with RS cars from Ford.

Sorry, I've expanded my replay to have some actual info in it. :)

And as above in Bruce's reply, another common example you might relate to is a Ford Focus ST-Line, it's not same beast as the Focus ST, and an Audi A3 S-Line is not an Audi S3 now is it... :)

:D Admin lady.

Tom, ignore the fact AMG is written on the ads, it's to grab attention, it's just AMG Sport, so bumpers and bigger wheels.

SL350 could come in various trim levels, and AMG Sport is just one of them. It's not an AMG, and doesn't come with the associated running costs of one.

The AMG SL models are SL55 AMG and SL63 AMG, SL73 AMG historically too! 350 and below is just AMG Sport if it mentions those 3 letters. :)

The R172 SLK350 was only available in AMG Sport guise, with 18-inch wheels as standard.

Cheers Mike,my techi friend showed me how to open the post!!!! Its the slk350 im interested in,all the cars for sale have amg on the back but mercedes web site says it only comes in slk350,not amg! Confused!?

Welcome bud,cheers Marky

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom