350 cdi Brabus Chip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pierpp

Car
2014 E400 Coupe
Hi

I recently purchased a new E350 CDi Coupe Sport and am thinking of having the Brabus chip done. BHP goes from 231 to 275 and torque goes to 590. Has anyone had this done on the new BE engine? I had it done on my 2009 C250Cdi sport and it didnt seem to make much difference (204bhp to 230 bhp) didnt really feel the difference. I wont put anything else apart from Brabus as I need to keep the MB warranty in force...cheers

ECU Bugs? Oh whats up..I have just got rid of a c250 with failed injectors, please dont tell me there is a fault with the 350 cdi's !!!??!!!

You and me both!
I bought an E250 in Oct 09, got rid in Nov 09, paid extra for a fully loaded new E350 in Nov 09 and now have poor mpg, sounds like a truck and the performance is absolutely dire.
I have the Sport button that doesnt do anything extra anymore other than what a standard C/S button would do in a stock model.
I have done 6000miles so not sure if more mileage has anything to do with it.
check this thread:

http://www.MBClub.co.uk/forums/general-discussion/70882-drove-new-e350-cdi-coupe-10.html

Christ, just my luck!

I do notice I get a 'pinking' noise when I floor the pedal, but otherwise the car is very very quiet and smooth and I have no complints there. I notice it doesnt have the kick of the old c250 cdi however, that had 7800 miles on the clock before it broke, and this has 600 miles, so maybe it needs to loosen up a but more, but am concerned about the pinking noise....

So what exactly is the issue with the ECU and whats the symptoms/faults?

Here is a dyno test of a 350cdi. Who needs more power?:)
You may think these values are too high for a stock engine but you can ask tunners who are already remmaping and they would confirm that original power is around 260hp->270hp and no 231hp as Mercedes declare! With the remap gains up to 320hp! Concerning to powerkits Brabus,Carlsson and Lorinser are too expensive. Kleemann and Vaeth sell a more simple kit connecting only to the rail about 900euro. But for me the new kit offered by DTE Systems, Kitpower, Tuningbox, SpeedBuster or DTUK is the best. This new kit connects to rail, boost and rpm sensor. Is like a remap but easier to install. And DTUK are selling it online with a great price...

testemercedes.jpg

Here is a dyno test of a 350cdi. Who needs more power?:)
You may think these values are too high for a stock engine but you can ask tunners who are already remmaping and they would confirm that original power is around 260hp->270hp and no 231hp as Mercedes declare! With the remap gains up to 320hp! Concerning to powerkits Brabus,Carlsson and Lorinser are too expensive. Kleemann and Vaeth sell a more simple kit connecting only to the rail about 900euro. But for me the new kit offered by DTE Systems, Kitpower, Tuningbox, SpeedBuster or DTUK is the best. This new kit connects to rail, boost and rpm sensor. Is like a remap but easier to install. And DTUK are selling it online with a great price...

testemercedes.jpg
Thanks for that info. I dont understand why Mercedes would claim the 350 only gives 231 bhp when its more like 265/270? Why claim it has less power?, thats like claiming their cars have poor fuel economy when they dont (or rather do!)

I cannot get anything but Brabus even though I agree its expensive. The car is 2 weeks old and anything but a Brabus chip fitted by the MB dealership will invalidate the warranty

Thanks for that info. I dont understand why Mercedes would claim the 350 only gives 231 bhp when its more like 265/270? Why claim it has less power?, thats like claiming their cars have poor fuel economy when they dont (or rather do!)

I cannot get anything but Brabus even though I agree its expensive. The car is 2 weeks old and anything but a Brabus chip fitted by the MB dealership will invalidate the warranty

I understand... here in Portugal everything invalidates the warranty! You do weel playing safe with warranty:thumb:

I understand... here in Portugal everything invalidates the warranty! You do weel playing safe with warranty:thumb:

Thanks for the tuning info Euler but looking at DTUK's website it sounds like the injectors are having problems being pushed any further.....

Mercedes Blue Efficiency Fitting Instructions

Please be advised that during our testing we experienced some serious problems with the latest Piezo injectors used by Mercedes when using the common rail only method of tuning.

I am betting that they popped some injectors, or maybe a coincidence that the injectors were going already due to the issues with the E250 a while back.

Thanks for the tuning info Euler but looking at DTUK's website it sounds like the injectors are having problems being pushed any further.....

Mercedes Blue Efficiency Fitting Instructions

Please be advised that during our testing we experienced some serious problems with the latest Piezo injectors used by Mercedes when using the common rail only method of tuning.

I am betting that they popped some injectors, or maybe a coincidence that the injectors were going already due to the issues with the E250 a while back.

DTUK = DTE Systems... what they say is that were troubles with injectors using the traditional box that connects only to the rail and only in the case of 220cdi and 250cdi blue efficiency. But those problems would appear with or without box!!!!
"Please be advised that during our testing we experienced some serious problems with the latest Piezo injectors used by Mercedes when using the common rail only method of tuning": this was written before the knowledge of massive problems on Delphi injectors (4 cylinders engines)!
Now that there is no more the injectors issue you may found every kind of tuning and even a remap increases the rail pressure! So is a question of taking or no taking the risk. And we are talking about the 350cdi with no reported injectors failure:thumb:

I forgot to mention that some powerkit don't increase rail pressure. They connect directly to injectors increasing only the injection time interval. It is impossible to achieve as much power as a remap ou DTUK kit can offer, but the results are nice also.
Steinbauer, KW-Systems P-tronic and more recently Carlsson offer those kit that connect directly to injectors.

Only if MB can prove the remap has actually caused the claim. If they can then you would have redress against the remapper. So as long as they have liabilty insurance or, as many do, provide a warranty to cover anything MB wouldn't due to the remap - you should be ok.

In the past using the Brabus chip MB restricted the warranty to 60,000 miles or 3 years not unlimited mileage like it is now. I think that therefore a great deal of the extra cost of this chip is profit to reinsure any future problems - but then I may be just cynical..

Hey Pierpp why dont you get a brabus box installed like you did before on the 250 (on trial)? then you can report back on how it feels? :)
Did you get the separate sport button on your 350?

Hi Jonny

The dealers have stopped doing the 7 day free trial and also there is a 8 week wait on the Brabus chip as apparently they are in short supply of connectors for it....

I dont have the sports agility pack on my car, just the standard C-S-M

Thanks euler,

Interesting post . I have a Chipexpress product fitted with 3 connections. It has various settings up to 300 bhp appx. Mine remains on the standard setting of 260 bhp appx ie 10% more . Does one assume that a dyno would show 260-270 bhp + 10% ie 290 to 300 bhp. There have been no issues with this chip, no smoke and no warning lghts. It goes like a train with a lot more mid range power. My daughter commented after driving car "feels like it wants to play!"

A great car.

Thanks euler,

Interesting post . I have a Chipexpress product fitted with 3 connections. It has various settings up to 300 bhp appx. Mine remains on the standard setting of 260 bhp appx ie 10% more . Does one assume that a dyno would show 260-270 bhp + 10% ie 290 to 300 bhp. There have been no issues with this chip, no smoke and no warning lghts. It goes like a train with a lot more mid range power. My daughter commented after driving car "feels like it wants to play!"

A great car.

I'm thinking of getting my E350cdi coupe tuned. Originally was going to get it remapped by DMS, as have done on my previous cars. Although, I have heard to remap the ECU they have to remove it, which I don't fancy.

How is the Chipexpress product? Easy to fit? Have you noticed power improvement?

Thanks

Hi Tanlod

Comes with written and photographic instructions clearly shown connection points. Took me about 20 mins . The three wires lead back to a small box which is placed in a (provided) water resistant bag and tucks away adjacent to left hand turret top ( facing the car). The new wires are held by clips (provided) . Quite neat when finished. Once you have fitted this item, easier to remove and refit before and after service etc. On a need to know best they do not know basis.
Driving:- smoother if possible, no noisier , moderate driving -slightly better consumption , a big increase in torque and useable power, no flat spots, no injector issues, steady tickover 600rpm, in "s" or on the paddles a different car. I tested 30 to 100 mph on flat road no wind in 13.44 secs . If you take Autocar road test figure to 30 mph ( 2.3 secs) + 13 = 15.74. Autocar figure to 100 mph = 19.2. My figures were taken with one passenger and half full tank, in "c" mode no paddles. I would expect "s" or with paddles to improve on these. Private road ! I have no connection with Chipexpress.

Way to gooooooooooooooo!!!

Hi Tanlod

Comes with written and photographic instructions clearly shown connection points. Took me about 20 mins . The three wires lead back to a small box which is placed in a (provided) water resistant bag and tucks away adjacent to left hand turret top ( facing the car). The new wires are held by clips (provided) . Quite neat when finished. Once you have fitted this item, easier to remove and refit before and after service etc. On a need to know best they do not know basis.
Driving:- smoother if possible, no noisier , moderate driving -slightly better consumption , a big increase in torque and useable power, no flat spots, no injector issues, steady tickover 600rpm, in "s" or on the paddles a different car. I tested 30 to 100 mph on flat road no wind in 13.44 secs . If you take Autocar road test figure to 30 mph ( 2.3 secs) + 13 = 15.74. Autocar figure to 100 mph = 19.2. My figures were taken with one passenger and half full tank, in "c" mode no paddles. I would expect "s" or with paddles to improve on these. Private road ! I have no connection with Chipexpress.

Way to gooooooooooooooo!!!

Thanks.

Will look into this, how do you alter the settings?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom