350 mile round trip e55k

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

merc85

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
CLK 500
Silver several shades infact, and had been hit in all 4 corners I reckon. What a complete waste of time:/

So annoying to travel all that way for a dog.
Point the finger Gav, which one.

What a pain, I assume the seller basically lied about the condition.

Tbf I was warned, but... The last owner had the car for the last 7 years, 4 previous owners Fsh an the dealer "who was pleasant enough" had good reviews, I was also told to see a few an stop dismissing cars so thought it was worth a look. Finsburys cars Gosport. Body was very poor , had one faded headlight the other had been replaced. Panel gaps all over the place and laquer peel with craters , it's a 7k car tbh. I didn't start it or drive it. The brakes wear rusted up to heck, I'm not talking surface rust either, I left shortly after seeing it. Still it was only £8,995 Omg!

Last edited:
Body work was described as good condition ??? Lol

Tbf to start with it looked good from the back an better than the pics but the front and ns rear 1/4 was a mess,, but as I said I suppose at 9k what should I expect?

Tbf to start with it looked good from the back an better than the pics but the front and ns rear 1/4 was a mess,, but as I said I suppose at 9k what should I expect?

Better than that for sure!

£9k should get you into a good E55. To be fair, you could see the o/s/f wing was a different shade in the website photo.
The front door on my car is a different shade too, resprayed after being keyed apparently, and its on an increasing list of jobs to do. It annoys me everytime I look at it.

It's frustrating when you view a car which isn't as described, especially when you travel a fair distance. Earlier in the year were were covering similar distances at least one, if not twice a weekend, but if you don't the bad ones you don't find the good ones.

You're another step closer to finding the right one.

I'm really dont mind if the car has had paint work, After all these cars are getting on, BUT only if it's done correctly this was one of the worst cars not just Merc's body wise that i've seen in ages.

Thanks for the kind words and pointers let the search continue, Athough i think my wife is getting fed up with me on the net looking all the time LOL ;)

If only you had said..... this garage is not far from me its been sat there for at least 9 months, had a quick look myself as an ex 55 owner and i wouldn't have paid a penny over 6k for it, its a potential dog, when i asked there was a lot of its history missing, mechanically it may have been fine but there are still good ones out there, the strange thing was that the previous owner you would think after 7 years ownership would have had a massive history file with it.

I think the 'fifty shades of grey' paintwork in the ad would have put me off even viewing it :doh:

But - just touching on values for a minute...

£6k for an E55 W211? I would have thought they'd break for more than that?

Thanks french, But i'm not keen a "Cat" cars , apreciate you pointing it out though :thumb:
OK, not sure if you've seen in the classified section that SPX has put up an ad that the E55 estate he had may be up for sale again...looks fantastic. I see last time it was for sale you liked it & ,I'm guessing, at that time you were not looking for one, now's your chance:thumb:

Ta French, at the time it was out of my budget, I cant remember at the time how much it was may still be the case but ive expressed my interest many thanks :)

If any cars are far away always worth getting one of the members to go and have a looksy, if you post location or linky always usually someone close who will oblige and its what forums are about:thumb:

Ta French, at the time it was out of my budget, I cant remember at the time how much it was may still be the case but ive expressed my interest many thanks :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom