350 mpg

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenzedUP

MB Enthusiast
Car
NA
How can you achieve nearly 50mpg out of a 3.5L V6 with over 306hp?

What's the most you've had out of your 350 guys?

image-1309934345.jpg

In the last 5k I've done in my C204 350 I've averaged 40mpg , mainly motorway driving.

I'm so impressed with the efficiency of this new 350 engine.

Shame it's discontinued now.

I have not managed that in my 350 CDI but the newer engines have further improved as can be seen by your return

Yeah I have to say I'm extremely impressed with the fuel efficiency. I was torn between the saloon C350 CDi 265hp or the petrol C350 Coupe, glad I went for the petrol.

I use to run a AMG as a daily, it's so nice not having to visit the petrol station every day, lol.

I keep the AMGs locked away for fun now. Saving a lot on fuel which is great as I do a lot of miles now a days Inc trips abroad.

I read the title and was expecting some mad hybrid car that managed 350mpg!!

Is that your pic?

If not, I'd say that was reset during the journey, probably at the start of a very long slight decline with following wind and constant MPH.

Or, it's had a horrible remap that's fiddled the computer calc for MPG.

I've experienced the 3.5 L motor in lots of guises and no way will it return that. Most I've had was 40mpg and that was at the end of a long motorway trip.

Yes it's my own picture that I just took today on the way from work.

Car is standard MB updated the ECU only 1 month ago, so it's not had a remap.

I turned on the car and drive it, not reseted anything, I constantly get over 40mpg on it, petrol needle hardly moves.

MB say it is capable of 50mpg on the motorway.
Another pics I took today.

image-1874870359.jpg

image-1473980421.jpg

image-2031952328.jpg

I'd be interested to see the average speed at around 25mph over 30 minutes.

The shame about your figures are that I'm 99% certain that Mercedes have dropped the V6 petrol from the C-Class range.

You won't see the 3.5L in anything now over here.

It's gone.

Last edited:
Yes it's my own picture that I just took today on the way from work.

Car is standard MB updated the ECU only 1 month ago, so it's not had a remap.

I turned on the car and drive it, not reseted anything, I constantly get over 40mpg on it, petrol needle hardly moves.

Are you sure the CDI badge didn't just fall off the bootlid? :D

That is utterly astonishing :thumb:

Can you do a tank to tank check for us to see how accurate those figures are? Some MB have been known to be up to 20% innacurate.
Either way it's very impressive and many cdi drivers would be happy with those figures!

SPX said:
I'd be interested to see the average speed at around 25mph over 30 minutes. The shame about your figures are that I'm 99% certain that Mercedes have dropped the V6 petrol from the C-Class range.

I was cruising around 60ish, the max speed I've hit was 80mph for a short period of time.

It's all about smooth driving, no harsh acceleration or braking - Just letting the car get up to speed and slow down by itself and it helps having such an impressive engine. ;)

Yep as I said in my OP it's discontinued.

Peter DLM said:
Are you sure the CDI badge didn't just fall off the bootlid? :D That is utterly astonishing :thumb:

Lol, it's too quite and revvy for a CDi ;)

If I'm honest I am very impressed with the fuel efficiency.
When I bought the car I never really expected to get 40mpg.

Impressive MPG from a Petrol.

The Temp gauge needle not being horizontal would do my tree in though.

Is that your pic?

If not, I'd say that was reset during the journey, probably at the start of a very long slight decline with following wind and constant MPH.

Or, it's had a horrible remap that's fiddled the computer calc for MPG.

I've experienced the 3.5 L motor in lots of guises and no way will it return that. Most I've had was 40mpg and that was at the end of a long motorway trip.

40 seems right going by official.(Extra Urban is equivalent to the 140mph speedometer Ford fitted on boggo 1.6 cars) YET it is the figure 99% of drivers rely on :crazy:
Urban mpg 29.4 mpg
Extra Urban mpg 50.4 mpg
Average mpg 40.4 mpg

Reminds me of the first time I saw a "VW Lupo 3litre"..... OMG I must have one!!!! Oh, it's 3 litres/100km..... doh!! The E400 is new 3.0 litre bi-turbo - takes the fight to the BMW 535i etc. 333bhp and 40ish to the gallon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom