350e estate 45mpg?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

frankychops

Car
gkd l6
Hi all.

Works offered me a 350e estate.... I'm 99% going to do it.

However my home to office trip is 180miles. All m5/m4.

With a full charge at one end, will it average 45mpg on a motorway run at 70/75mph?

Be interesting to see the answers from owners.

Problem is, it is the ones doing 15 miles between charges that will see silly MPGs, however, the C350e is only a 4cyl petrol, my old 2.0T A4 would do 42mpg sat at 75mph, my 335i which was 6cyl would do 38mpg, so I would guess 45mpg is possible.

Plus, 300hp and petrol rather than a nasty diesel has got to be worth it alone surely? ;)

Welcome BTW.

thanks, hopefully i'll get a few replies. The thread isn't conclusive.

Oh, and hi :)

I agree. There's not many owners that don't like their 350e. Search the threads here. Many are disappointed with the misleading MPG but the car itself makes up for that. AND if you get one it's available in Brillant Blue (saloon or estate)

(But don't get saloon because gIzzE will laugh at you :D)

Ant.

If you are doing full motorway speeds I'll go no. Mine settles around 39-42 on that type of journey. However if you get some slower parts (roadworks, or congestion) you might push that up a little.

From my experience there is no chance you will get that kind if economy from a C350e on that kind of journey. More like 35mpg.

It may still be worth it financially, it drives very well and you can offset fuel costs against BIK. The C350e makes more sense if you do short slow journeys with charging at each end or if you have a fuel card.

Over the first 1000 miles my average mpg is 32. On my E250 cdi I averaged 40mpg and in my W204 C180 I averaged 32 mpg for comparison. My driving style is not the most economical (I have a fuel card).

40+mpg would be totally fine. I'm going to have a go in one from my local dealer to see what its like.

Also 300bhp and being as quick to 60 should be fun also.

I get around 38-40mpg on long motorway runs, I do have a slightly heavy foot so am pretty impressed with this.

Mpg

:bannana: S212 E350 getting 45-50.4 MPG on long motorway runs only had the car 3 weeks definitely go for it.

Hi all.

With a full charge at one end, will it average 45mpg on a motorway run at 70/75mph?

180 miles each way??

Two weeks into ownership of my Estate now and 800 miles down. Not done a long motorway journey yet, but one of my commutes is a 74 mile round trip with no charging at work. On this I averaged about 50mpg overall over a mixture of A roads and dual Carrageway.

It's weekend use where it comes into its own, doing short journeys and running the kids about is mainly done on electric. As I say 800 miles in and only filled up once and indicating I have 200 mile range left. Happy boy so far. Oh, and yes the Sport+ mode is bloody good fun.

Last edited:
Not done too many long runs in mine yet despite covering 1700 miles in 3 weeks :eek:, where did that come from I don't know.

Longest journey I've done so far was 110 miles with a charge only at the start and returned 45mpg. I don't doubt that 42mpg over longer distance isn't hard to achieve, just drive at 70 and you'll easy get that.
Go for it, it is such a relaxing car to drive if you get it just for that! Simply effortless motorway driving.

I did Chester to the NEC return on Tuesday (about 105 mls each way).
Full charge (13 mls) at start. I did a mix of comfort and Sport driving as well as charged with ICE from 0 to 8 mls. I averaged about 37 MPG each way.
At 800 mls from start I'm sitting at about 34 MPG. Work to home is 6 miles.
I'm glad I have a fuel card.

Blimey, our SL400 returns 31mpg on motorway runs and I'm enjoying it. The country lane runs reduce the average a little to what it is below.

So, had a test drive today. Really really nice quality inside.

Picked it up with zero battery charge, put it on the engine charge setting thing, then e save(I think). 20 mile trip, ended up at 37ish mpg, it was going up though.

Think i'm going to go for one. :)

Hi all.

Coincidently I posted about my 160 mile round trip this week on the main owners thread. Off a single charge at the start and mostly motorway miles I achieved 50.4 mpg in my estate.

This was in Eco setting and Hybrid drive mode, mostly using cruise control. I am by nature a relaxed driver so 65-75 mph depending on how busy the motorway is. Whatever perceived 'gains' people make by driving hard and fast usually evaporate when we all hit the slower traffic / jams.

A good technique for inducing the electric 'sail' and killing the engine on the motorway is to knock the cruise down in 5mph decrement using the stalk until you see the revs go off. On a flat or downhill stretch it'll happily run off electric at 65-70 mph.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    217.4 KB · Views: 22
Whatever perceived 'gains' people make by driving hard and fast usually evaporate when we all hit the slower traffic / jams.

My old man says this too "You won't get there any quicker. Plus you will arrive nice and relaxed if you take your time."

We both went from Norwich to Leicester the other week.
It took me 1h55mins, he pulled up some 50 minutes later.

By the time he arrived I had had a bite to eat and 20 minute kip in the car listening to some Einaudi, I was pretty relaxed. ;)

But do agree, there are times when the traffic dictates that trying to make progress is futile.

thanks all. Just sent the stuff through to my fleet manager. Hopefully it'll come back good and that the lease deal still stands by the time it all gets sorted:D

c350e estate
brilliant blue
privacy glass.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom