350e Questions.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iRadiate

Car
C350e
Hi fellow eco drivers.
Have a few questions about the car. As I drive it more and more I'm getting used to it but there are some odd things occurring.

1) My command interface thingy stopped letting me play any audio. Wouldn't recognise the media card, wouldn't access the media register which is the built in hard drive. Wouldn't play bluetooth audio but would let me make and take calls. It's happened twice now. Each time leaving it overnight seems to have cured it.

2) my automatic boot won't always close when there are things in the boot. I press the button. The boot lowers but doesn't close. There's nothing in the way. It just won't close unless I manually force it shut.

3) Is it okay to manually force my boot shut ? or will that knacker the electric mechanism ?

4) From 100% my battery used to show 14/15 miles. I happened to reset my trip computer and it now shows 18 miles however I still only get 15 miles on pure electric even when driving gently. Is that to be expected?

5) I'm playing around with the Dynamic settings and trying to figure out how much benefit there is in keeping some of the options in Eco mode. Air con and engine make sense but steering and suspension don't. Does anyone know how much impact changing the suspension to sports has on overall efficiency ? Same question for steering.

Finally, this one isn't a question but I found the outside temperature on the dashboard display. Been looking for it since I got the car. It's in the screen that shows you your mileage since last reset and total mileage. Damn stupid place to stick it if you ask me! Only time I want to know what my overall mileage is is when I'm selling the car.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Cheapskate here, so no COMAND, but 1) sounds like a fault your dealer should fail to help you with. Likewise 2) - when you try to show the dealer, it will inevitably close every time, regardless of how many times you try to demonstrate the fault. Can't help you with 3)...

The estimate range is based on previous driving, but the cause of a higher seems to be unclear. I've heard people saying that high range has appeared after they had some fun in sport+, which seems strange. I've not heard anyone get more than 15 miles in e-mode. The best I've managed is 12, driving gently. Not looking forward to winter battery performance...

Steering and suspension are choices between sporty and comfortable rather than between thirsty and economical. If anything, sports suspension might improve economy, but I can't imagine it making much of a difference compared to driving style.

The temperature point is weird. The first c350e's MB sent to the UK didn't have one at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom