350SL driveshaft anybody?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Speckled Hen

Car
MB 350SL
I have spent the last 2 months trying in vain so far to successfully replace the CV boots on my 77 350SL driveshafts. There is a special MB crimping tool required to do this and all enquiries to try and source one have drawn a blank as the main dealers seem to have long ago scrapped them - so my first question is does anybody out there have one I could buy or borrow? The OD of the flange is 110mm at its highest point.

I have also tried a number of companies who recondition driveshafts and so far none have been able to help because of the crimping tool issue.

I addition I have tried to source a new or good used 350SL driveshaft again without success - the Q-Drive one listed by Euro CarParts does not fit and MB themselves have supplied 3 different driveshafts sourced from Germany but none are correct although they are currently still looking into it.

Other than the driveshaft boots the car is in excellent overall condition for its age so its highly frustrating the vehicle conrinues to be off the road.

So my appeal is for ideally the loan or source of the driveshaft crimping tool - I will buy if the price is reasonable - or a good new or used driveshaft. Driveshafts from other models of R107 will not fit so it has to be a 350SL.

Can anybody help as now getting pretty desperate??

Try Phil on 07812 248007 for s/hand parts. Based in Doncaster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom