350z or RX-8?

350z or RX-8

• 350z

Votes: 36 83.7%
  • RX-8

Votes: 7 16.3%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Donza

I am looking at buying one of these. You can get a nice one for around £10k-12k....

I am tempted to buy the 350z as i have seen the RX-8 up close. And truth be honest i dont like its styling. Yes it may be a brilliant sportscar, but i dont like the way it looks.

On the otherhand i saw a 350Z nismo the other day, and it looked nice.

Any advice?

RX8 is a dissapointment, drove one the other day and thought it was too flat on the performance..

so my vote goes on a CLK... oh thats not allowed... maybe the 350 then

I am tempted to buy the 350z as i have seen the RX-8 up close. And truth be honest i dont like its styling. Yes it may be a brilliant sportscar, but i dont like the way it looks.

On the otherhand i saw a 350Z nismo the other day, and it looked nice.

Any advice?
I think you are answering your own question and I personally would never buy a car that I never like the looks of. Who cares about the performance providing it matches your expectations?

Good luck with the decision and get a Mercedes :devil: :)

Should I vote for the 350? ;)

Regards
John

Bearing in mind I haven't drievn a 350Z but have driven the RX8 I'd go for the 350 too.

I found the RX8 OK but not awe inspiring in anyway. The funny doors were a pain and being sat in the back was like being squished into a cubby hole.

RX-8 nice idea, terrible fuel consumption for performance, no torque, apprantly well balanced and good handling. Depreciates heavilly.

350Z, nice car all round, was very very impressed. 350Z would get my money. Get a GT pack spec.

Bearing in mind I haven't driven an RX8 but have driven the 350Z I wouldn't have either! We all know the RX8 has no torque and drinks like an alkie so it doesn't get a look-in.

The 350Z has performance a-plenty. Just find a nice greasy bend and nail it. :eek: Heavy clutch, notchy gearchange, sensitive brakes and a throttle pedal from a Micra. Everything I hate in a car and love in my Mercedes where all the controls are equally weighted.

Overstyled interior with yards of black plastic, view is like looking through a letterbox, a ride that will loosen your fillings. It's huge fun, but I tired of it quickly.

Think about a 3 litre Z4 Coupe - just as ugly but far more refined and less likely to kill you.

350Z....RX8 buzzy and eats oil for breakfast....

Which engine? Makes a lot of difference to choice ................and cost:D

Depends on how you can afford the running costs, thats why the diesel option is great. Try getting 40 to 50 MPG from a 350Z or RX8, and the diesel has loads of torque. If you have big pockets, get a V8.

Russ

Hello,

Asking on a merc forum your bound to get people saying get a merc...

If I had to choose I would go for the 350, however...

If its a second 'fun' car I would go for a ///M Roadster always wanted one after my own Z3, safe bet S2000, or mabe a SLK320.

Theres so much choice around.

350Z....RX8 buzzy and eats oil for breakfast....
Sounds like you have sampled my wife's coffee? :devil:

One slice of coffee or two? :)

seems like the RX8 is not a popular car?

John

I wouldnt buy either myself as they are both well below what I would want from a car. However, if I had to chose it would be the RX8 because its innovative, smooth and nicer to drive so i'm told. It also has the most european styling of the two.

Neither though can hold a candle to a Mercedes.

Rx8. Nice styling, if you like that sort of thing. Uses lots of oil & petrol. Buzzy engine, needs lots of revs, paticularly the lower power version. Depreciate, so but 2nd hand is better buy.

350Z. Fast, good engine, expensive insurance, again 2nd hand better buy.

SLK350. Excellent engine, particularly with auto, civilised convertable, don't depreciate as much as the former two.

Drive them all, and see which you prefer:)

If I had to chose, it would be a 350. The RX-8's thirst for oil would be un-natural to me, and I would worry about it going the way of all those lovely NSU RO-80s in due course (i.e. ****el kaput!)

Edit: - Mods, I was only describing the type of engine it has! it's not my fault that it sounds rude!

Drove the 350Z on a palmersport day - it's brilliant. Set up to flatter the driver, easy to slide around and lots of warning before it spins. Cozy byt comfortable. RX8 of course is a four seater, and the engine is a work of wonder. So which would I buy?? Not sure at all, probably a BMW 123d coupe because at the rate this government is going driving anything with a V6 or Rotary is going to be punishable by death in a few years time. Bunch of ****els.

Rx8 is a little like a Honda Type R - must ring it's neck to get the best from it. A few friends have them, and they are very, very happy with them.

I had a go in the more powerful RX8 when they were launched - just had Baby D and they seemed like the perfect family sports car.

Unfortunately it was woefully slow for real world driving - irritatingly so in fact. Shame as even Mrs D liked 'em, even if the interior was a bit KITT.

I was used to driving a 2.0 turbo which was relatively rich in torque, but even so it would have driven me nuts to drive every day.

I'd go for the Nissan - followed one yesterday for about 20mins on the M5, if you want to see if a car looks good just follow it and see if it gets "old" quickly, this didn't.

I'm not sure the ****el engine consumes as much oil as the older ****els, but a pain to keep checking. A friend has one and is not very mechanical savy and he has never looked at the ****el dipstick. I'd be more concerned about the ****el thirst for petrol.

I would recommend a drive in the Mazda because the ****els are silky smooth.

By the way the Nissan has just been updated (last couple of months?) so make sure you go for the new one.

Mike

A mate of mine bought an RX8 about 3 months ago and he is thinking of selling it on already. He was moaning that if you had a lead foot, you could be looking at about 15MPG. Sounds rather thirsty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom