36 Hours in Houston to kill

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

WLeg

MB Enthusiast
Car
MB GLC250
on my own....!

Other than a visit here, any advice as for things to do and see........???

Arriving Saturday lunchtime-ish.....have meeting Monday AM, leaving Monday PM......

Houston Museum of Natural Science - and depends on when you are going across the Park is the Miller Outdoor Theatre (lots of free performances), but as it doesn't really kick off till the spring you may be too early

Just the Museum and the Theatre will take a whole day but the Space Centre is nothing to write home about and I would actually avoid it. Personally I would look at getting to the coast for the Sunday in a hire car as Houston is normally pretty grim & often unbearably humid :)

I have some very average pics from the theatre somewhere which I might be able to dig out - but I certainly have no plans to return to texas apart from the possible exception of the Alamo again one day (but thats too far!).

Mark

on my own....!

Other than a visit here, any advice as for things to do and see........???

Arriving Saturday lunchtime-ish.....have meeting Monday AM, leaving Monday PM......

Hooters for a snack. Spot of shopping in the Galleria followed by a trip up to the top of the Transco tower is worthwhile. Great views. Then dinner at the San Francisco steak house on Westheimer. Great steaks and watch the girl on the swing touch the ceiling. Then round the evening off with a few drinks at Centrefolds.

I transferred at Houston on my way to Vegas - only had time to step outside for a (couple of) smokes so my only advice is, it's bloody humid!

And eat Mexican. And ribs.

Are you sure this is such a good idea?

Forensic science has now come a long way and you *will* be caught eventually. If you really must, why not plan such a thing in a less developed part of the world where you will be far less likely to be caught.

:D

Hooters for a snack. Spot of shopping in the Galleria followed by a trip up to the top of the Transco tower is worthwhile. Great views. Then dinner at the San Francisco steak house on Westheimer. Great steaks and watch the girl on the swing touch the ceiling. Then round the evening off with a few drinks at Centrefolds.

"Hooters for a snack." Dunno why but I wasn't thinking of food after I read that.... :D

Great steaks and watch the girl on the swing touch the ceiling. Then round the evening off with a few drinks at Centrefolds.

Note to self - you are getting old!

(or stop taking Wife on trips abroad..................)

"Hooters for a snack." Dunno why but I wasn't thinking of food after I read that.... :D

There's a Hooters right here in Nottingham. Exactly the same as the ones in the US. The kids love it...

Anyway, back on thread.

Houston is a big place. My Dad lives in the 'burbs - about 35-40 miles out from downtown.

Whereabouts are you going, and what stuff do you like? This will have a bearing on what you can realistically reach within your time slot.

Are you sure this is such a good idea?

Forensic science has now come a long way and you *will* be caught eventually. If you really must, why not plan such a thing in a less developed part of the world where you will be far less likely to be caught.

But far more likely to come back with something you might not want;)

I can't beleive anyone hasn't mentioned the space centre. I was there in 2004 and it peed it down so much they cancelled the tour buses that you had to get on to visit the historic mission control. I was crying as we were only passing through for a day.

I can't beleive anyone hasn't mentioned the space centre. I was there in 2004 and it peed it down so much they cancelled the tour buses that you had to get on to visit the historic mission control. I was crying as we were only passing through for a day.

Am I invisible ? :p

Just the Museum and the Theatre will take a whole day but the Space Centre is nothing to write home about and I would actually avoid it.

I thought it was a pretty poor showing considering the heritage of the place - and much more so if you have ever been to Kennedy!

Mark

Just noticed the homicidal English error in the thread title, by the way - sounds a bit Le Carré..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom