360 degree camera

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

1chris

Car
C class
Well I have had my new 2017 w205 c250 premium plus estate for a couple of months now, and I must say what a fantastic gadget that camera is. Well worth the extra money as an aid to maneuvering the car about in a tight space. what do other people think?

My son-in-law's C220d Sport Premium Estate has 360' camera. I like it, wish it was on ours.

My son had on his X6 - now has it it with his Q7 & loves it - I wish I had it on my SL (not that it usually goes where i need 360);)

My Son in Law had it on a late E class, WITCHCRAFT ! I want it !

My next mod (after full internal TPMS) :)

My sister had 1 on her quashqai she says that because of it it has made her revering ability worsten, she cant do it anymore unless there is a 360 camera

I like mine because of the length of my C-class 220 estate it is handy while reversing but I still look with my eyes too.

My next mod (after full internal TPMS) :)
Seriously expensive mod - done it :) New door mirrors, 4 x expensive cameras, loom to front back and sides, and a pig doing the doors (on a W205) and some looms not even available ....

Cheers
Richard

Reactions: GLK
I told my mum to order the 360 camera on her GLC and she refused. She’s now hit the same small bollard twice.

Let’s just say she’s going to listen to her Mercedes salesman son next time [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seriously expensive mod - done it :) New door mirrors, 4 x expensive cameras, loom to front back and sides, and a pig doing the doors (on a W205) and some looms not even available ....
I've no illusion I won't be able to afford the OEM retrofit, so will go aftermarket DIY route - doing everything myself, apart from the actual interpolation/conversion box.
I've already fitted a side camera in my left mirror, so have an idea of how much fun it is, trying to feed a custom loom through the mirror mount and door card, etc ...

The older I get the more I need it.

Seems to me to be another unnecessary electronic gimmick to mask poor design.

What's wrong with designing a car you can see out of and that has adequate mirrors???

Oh, I ordered all the nice toys with mine. MB make it almost compulsory.

What's wrong with designing a car you can see out of and that has adequate mirrors???

I’m perfectly happy to enlighten you! Old cars with better visibility had thinner pillars, flatter bonnets, blunt front ends and square mirrors. All things that are either terrible for crash safety or aerodynamics. Hopefully you’ll never have to experience the advantages of the former.

Some people actually like new technology, it’s why I’m not drying my clothes in a mangle in 2017

I agree. Should be fairly easy to design a glass car with 100% 360 degree visibility. :rolleyes:

it’s why I’m not drying my clothes in a mangle in 2017

Are you referring to 'The Good Old Days' James? My 73 year old day says there was nowt good about them. Tin bath, frozen outside loo. He says he's much rather have been born a few generations later. Much nicer standard of living. 'The Good Old Days' we're only good if you had a few quid.

Aren’t Audi doing that? [emoji6]

I've not given up hope. You'll find me something in the new year my man. :thumb:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom