380SL Timing chain change

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Petermarchant

Car
380 SL
Hi Guys,

I have brought a 1982 380SL with 100k on the clock and although there is no noise or rattles on the cold start, I would like to get the timing chain changed to be on the safe side, does anyone knows anywhere in the Essex area that would take on this type of job also need a new steering pump.

Look forward to your response

Peter,

Peter.We had complete engine change at Car-Nect Raleigh (Paul) 01268777778.No problems but cost £1,200 Aprox as we were being costed to change check the timing chain,(It had jumped) £1,000 plus, so replacement engine was quicker and car back on the road,old engine still in garage if you need any parts.

Many
Peter.We had complete engine change at Car-Nect Raleigh (Paul) 01268777778.No problems but cost £1,200 Aprox as we were being costed to change check the timing chain,(It had jumped) £1,000 plus, so replacement engine was quicker and car back on the road,old engine still in garage if you need any parts.
Many thanks i will give them a call I assume you also have a 380sl?? what year??

Engine in garage is complete all parts there, just a change / swap. its a 220 Bluetec 2009

Try Gemtech in Romford

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom