386 UNIVERSAL TELEPHONY PACKAGE

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cezar

Car
W212 E350 CGI
078E64B0-1FF4-4AB6-8CC3-C7DC3B634966.jpeg 5F4A9EB3-1333-49B8-A581-6D362D1F0933.jpeg Guys, as the title says, it’s about this option

386 UNIVERSAL TELEPHONY PACKAGE

I have it on my e350 and was wondering what exactly it does. Did a bit of googling but with no clear results in terms of understanding the behind the scene.

so basically I have this option and what I can see is that in the center armrest I have a “thing” that I guess should be a phone holder receiver. Also in the command Tel menu I have an option for convenience phone, which I guess would be the one on the “thing”.

so the big question is: can I make any use of this option nowadays?

I can connect my phone hi BT for all the hands free benefits, but not sure if this is thanks to the “thing”.

considering it has to be wired somewhere, could I make any use of that wiring? Like adapting it for phone charging?

mid no use at all, can I just take it out and benefit the extra space? Anyone did this?

Any inputs are more than welcomed.

Thanks

LE: picture added (with two positions like extended and not or whatever). Excuse the mess :(

Last edited:
Yes I have also the satnav on a comand aps ntg4

Anyone :( ?

I think that is a UHI connector onto which you slot either a cradle specific to your phone, or a suitable bluetooth adapter. Your best bet is, with your VIN handy, call comand.co.uk (sponsors of this forum) with what you want to achieve, they'll give you chapter and verse on what you can do and what you need to do it - but be sitting down as some of the prices will shock. With the bluetooth adapters you have to be careful which one you buy, as some will not work with your system!

I have a similar UHI connector in my centre arm rest - as well as Comand NTG4 204, yours will be NTG4 212 - and bought from ebay Germany the cradle for my iPhone 4 second hand for about £50, clip the phone into the cradle and it charges, pair it with the cradle and it should be recognised as "convenience phone" - mine used to, but for some reason I now have to remember to use the TEL button, then bluetooth telephones, Chris's Iphone for it to connect to the handsfree system - it's really good once connected!

i just dropped an email and will wait to see what they say. anyway it looks like it's just junk in the car at the moment with no real benefit. so i think i'm better off dismantling it and gain some space in the arm rest ;)

Got the answer back. Long story short the only info I got was that they can install some refurbished holders. That’s not what I wanted. So not being able to find out more on the functionality of this thing I think I’ll just ignore it and/or dismantle it from the central arm rest and at least get more space.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom