3M Vinyl wrap interior rim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c3po

Car
CLK230k tip auto Avantgarde, W208, Quartz Metallic blue with Orion Grey Leather & Dark Sapelli trim
I have a w208 CLK & I am looking at updating the look of he wood trim, I currently have the dark wood which I think is the "maple birds eye???" which is the best of the wood trims but does make the cabin feel dated so I am pondering getting the trim wrapped in vinyl.

I would appreciate any suggestions or advise from anyone who has done this mod (pros/cons etc).

I have the light grey interior & Im not quite sure which vinyl to go for ???? I think I would prefer a aluminium brushed steel but dont know what it looks like in real life !!! otherwise it might have to be carbon, here are my initial choices;

carbon fibre (Anthracite) 1080CF201
carbon Fibre (black) 1080CF12
brushed metal (Aluminium) 1080BR120
gloss (Anthracite) 1080G201

:dk:

Does anyone have any pictures to help me choose ???

Ill keep the post updated with my final choice & overall cost as & when, cheers

Ive just joined the forum to ask this very question,ive recently bought my first ever mercedes and chuffed to bits with it,if a bit bemused with the hand break...
the only thing is on the center console around the cupholder and gear stick its a silver colour trim and scratched.I fancied C3Po idea too but worried about the logistics either stripping of parts or whether the vinyl would stick ok to the corrugated surface.

Ive just joined the forum to ask this very question,ive recently bought my first ever mercedes and chuffed to bits with it,if a bit bemused with the hand break...
the only thing is on the center console around the cupholder and gear stick its a silver colour trim and scratched.I fancied C3Po idea too but worried about the logistics either stripping of parts or whether the vinyl would stick ok to the corrugated surface.
Its my 1st merc too :), actually prefer the handbrake now lol

What year is yours ??, stripping the trim out is relatively straight forward in my w208

Hi Both,

I've seen the new generation Carbon Fiber Wrap from Rebellion Automotive and you wont be able to tell the difference between real Carbon fiber and their wrap, its a dark lacquered look.

Give Phil a shout at Rebellion, you wont go wrong with their service.

Cheers

Matt

Gloss black is very contemporary and there's nothing fake about it, personally think carbon fibre, and particularly the fake ones, have been done to death and it's just a bit naff now.

I have done a few now.
I used 3M Di-Noc black carbon fibre which is almost 'industry standard'.

Ask your local detailers or trim shops as most will do it fairly cheaply.
Or, buy the material and do it yourself :)

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=834288

Mine looked identical, and I had never done it before.
Steve

Last edited:
Mine came with the carbon fibre look already.

When I first saw it, I thought MB were quite modern for a 2004 car to have that. Then I discovered it was aftermarket as I haven't seen it in anything else before or since - and I often look at the second hand AMG market.

Beats looking at wood / plastic wood which I can't stand.

johneboy-albums-my-e55k-pictures-finally-picture4930-13.jpg

Its my 1st merc too :), actually prefer the handbrake now lol

What year is yours ??, stripping the trim out is relatively straight forward in my w208

Its an 04,im googling ob2 fault code readers for it now.

JohnEBoy and steves looks stunning,does the 3M Di-Noc black carbon fibre have a raised feel to it too?

Cheers for the posts, still waiting on quotes yet, I'm still on the fence with CF, think I would prefer brushed steel if it doesn't look cheesy.

I like gloss black in the right car but don't think this would look right in the Orion grey interior.

Has any1 used the brushed steel wrap ???????

I had a sample of it and thought it looked OK, but in the end preferred the carbon 1080 so went with that.

Piano Gloss with grey looks great imho.

As does the carbon.

I actually think the alu trim against grey doesn't work, needs more of a contrast imho.

i vinyl wrap whole cars so if you need any info fire away!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom