3rd brake light

• Thread starter Deleted member 138290
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well I tested the battery for charge and with engine running was 13.9-14.2v.... so I turned engine off and switched all the electrics on..... battery dropped to 11.6-11..... Literally had all elects on and engine off for 5-10mins when I turned everything back off and went to start engine and nothing !!..... had to borrow a battery jumper to start car again...... battery is only a year old...... also I’ve noticed a click sound when I hold the brake pedal which seems to then trigger the led light error on the dash ??

So took merc to my local garage today and he said my alternator is perfect ! But, my battery is only 60% charged and not getting fully topped up heading a possibility why my electrics is playing up...... well I don’t have an AGM battery as I hadn’t heard of them a year ago but he said to get a £30 trickle battery charger and get the battery a good 10 hrs atleast to top it up..... or would an AGM battery be a better option tho he said as my car isn’t stop/ start I should be fine with a charger ?

Update.... took my merc to my local garage and he said battery is fine as is alternator however, the battery was only 60% charged so advised me to buy a £30 trickle charger to top battery up and also said this may solve all your other electrical issues due to battery just not having enough juice to power everything....... so fingers crossed I can rewire my led brake light etc and see if fault is cured ! Will keep the forum posted .

PS. When I 1st connected the charger up the battery logo in the right corner of the display has 4 power bars and funnily this showed proper voltage there was only 1 bar illuminated and flashing on the 2nd bar then after 30 mins was holding 2 solid bars and flashing on the 3rd and after approx 15 hours on charge showed finally full !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom