3rd brakelight w202

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lars-mad

Car
1996 c180 2.0 1995 C180 AMG 1988 190e 2.3 1989 230CE with facelift
does anyone know how to change the bulb on the 3rd brakelight on w202 saloon?mine just died today

Thanks

Lars

There are two clips, one on each side which holds the back cover on. If you press these in using both hands and then take the cover off you gain access to the bulb inside, it will unscrew from the housing.

There are two clips, one on each side which holds the back cover on. If you press these in using both hands and then take the cover off you gain access to the bulb inside, it will unscrew from the housing.
thanks will try tomorrow thinking of maybe change wheel bearings too then having a squeeking noise in rear..

Hi,
The squeeking in the rear is unlikely to be the wheel bearing, it would most likely make a droning noise, not a five minute job either.
Squeeking noise to me would indicate a bush of some description on its way out.

Hi,
The squeeking in the rear is unlikely to be the wheel bearing, it would most likely make a droning noise, not a five minute job either.
Squeeking noise to me would indicate a bush of some description on its way out.

have jacked up the car now and checked it is slack in at least one bearing in rear only checked one side the car has 355000km on the speedometer so i think it must be natural

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom