3x AMGs needed for Fifth Gear TV show on Discovery Channel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sismithin

Car
various
[FONT=&quot]Hi All[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I hope someone can help. I’m writing from Fifth Gear - TV show on Discovery Channel.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are currently producing series 23 of the show and each episode we will be filming a used car guide detailing 3 cars you can pick up for an affordable price .[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For one particular episode we are going to be detailing and filming 3 used AMGs you can pick up for a great use price still.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]We are looking to film with and source :[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mercedes E55 AMG W210 (98-02) saloon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mercedes CLK 55 AMG coupe[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mercedes SL55 (02-08) 5th Gen[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Filming date is to be confirmed at the moment however location will be Castle Combe Wiltshire, with Jason Plato presenting the piece.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]For anybody interested we will cover all insurance for our presenter to drive the car, your fuel expenses, lunch and even a hotel if you’re travelling from far to join us. We’re not filming a car test , a race or driving the cars hard at all, it’s simply a few shots in and out of the car driving around the area.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Filming usually starts at about 8am and finishes at 6pm[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]If anybody has an example of the AMGs listed above please do get in touch for more details…[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]You can e-mail me on [email protected] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Please feel free to pass on my details to anyone who may be interested.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Many Thanks[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simon[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Simon Smith[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]North One Television [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Producers of [FONT=&quot]Fifth Gear[/FONT] on [FONT=&quot]Discovery Channel[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]North One TV[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]5-6 Progress Works[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Allcock Street[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Birmingham[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]B9 4DY[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]www.discoveryuk.com/web/fifth-gear[/FONT]

Got a stunning 2003/53 CL55 AMG KOMP if you are interested, see profile photos
Cheers
Gary

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

If you don't find a nice W210 E55, then you could always use my W202 C43 AMG :thumb:

Last edited:
No harm intended but can the forum Admin vouch for the OP ?

We have had suspicions before about this type of post. I have no reason to suspect that the OP has anything other than good intentions but surely this request MUST be made via the Admin team and then offered out to the members.

Everyone loves a good outcome but nobody deserves a problem.

Hi All

Thank you for some great replies.
Had a great response overnight thank you.

Justin1600 - the W202 c43 sounds interesting, do you have any more details?

If anybody has any doubts please visit our production company website.
North One Television - About North One Birmingham
Please use the contact details below - and ask to speak to Simon from the Fifth Gear team and I'll be glad to talk through any concerns.
North One Television - North One Television Birmingham

Thanks again

I have a very clean C43 AMG with a 55 engine. Black paint very shiny too!

Thanks again everyone for getting in touch and spreading the word of our search... we still don't have a confirmed date yet but I will post as soon as we do.

In terms of the 3 cars we are looking for what in buyers and owners experiences would be the things to look out for if buying one?

If there were 3 key things to check before buying what would you look out for? What are the signs, whats the problem and how much is the fix and what happens if you leave it?

Thanks again

Thanks again everyone for getting in touch and spreading the word of our search... we still don't have a confirmed date yet but I will post as soon as we do.

In terms of the 3 cars we are looking for what in buyers and owners experiences would be the things to look out for if buying one?

If there were 3 key things to check before buying what would you look out for? What are the signs, whats the problem and how much is the fix and what happens if you leave it?

Thanks again

Three things? Hmmmmmm

1) They rust.

2) Watch out for rust.

3) It is very expensive rust.

As you are filming the car may well rust away in front of the camera. This assumes it hasn't rotted on the way to the film set. Best way to check it? Slam a door. If the car collapses in front of you, it will have rust. If it does not have rust then you may have borrowed a car that is made out of body filler and newspaper.

Have fun.

I have a clean W210 E55 AMG.

Is this good enough for T.V chaps ?

amg4.jpg

amg3n.jpg

amg9.jpg

I have to say the C43 should be the car you feature for a bargain AMG, much more of a fun drive than the e55.

I really wanted an e55' and looked for ages, then happens to test drive a C43 and there was no going back.

Mine is a mechanically sorted shed, cost 2k, spent 2k, still got some rust but it gets well looked after and well used, still going strong at 170k miles.

Your welcome to thrash it, but there are far far better examples on the forum!

If you need a buying guide I can help. I've written quite a few now for various magazines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom