4.0 Biturbo Camshaft Sensor

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kennbush

Car
GLC63 Coupe
Hello all,

Apologies for asking questions when I've only just signed up to the forum.

My Glc63 went into dealer to have front exhaust actuator/valve replaced today. It had the rear 2 replaced a couple of months ago. They hadn't put a EML light on, but had caused a drop in power to 300bhp higher in the revs.

Spoke to dealer this afternoon, and they have also found a fault code for an exhaust cam sensor. The fault code has cleared, but they want to replace the sensor anyway.

Is this a known fault on these engines? What's involved in replacing the sensor? Dealer wants the car for a couple of days to carry out the work.

It's a 2019 car with about 23k miles on it. I believe it's an M177 engine, but correct me if I'm wrong. Just out of warranty, but luckily I paid for a 1 year extension, as car is quite new to me.

Hello all,

Apologies for asking questions when I've only just signed up to the forum.

My Glc63 went into dealer to have front exhaust actuator/valve replaced today. It had the rear 2 replaced a couple of months ago. They hadn't put a EML light on, but had caused a drop in power to 300bhp higher in the revs.

Spoke to dealer this afternoon, and they have also found a fault code for an exhaust cam sensor. The fault code has cleared, but they want to replace the sensor anyway.

Is this a known fault on these engines? What's involved in replacing the sensor? Dealer wants the car for a couple of days to carry out the work.

It's a 2019 car with about 23k miles on it. I believe it's an M177 engine, but correct me if I'm wrong. Just out of warranty, but luckily I paid for a 1 year extension, as car is quite new to me.
So they want to replace the sensor under warranty ? Sounds good to me

So they want to replace the sensor under warranty ? Sounds good to me

Ye, it's covered by the extended warranty. I'm not complaining at all.

I'm just curious if there is any known faults with these sensors or with camshafts/timing gear. Also what's involved in changing, as it must be a time consuming job. They need the car for a couple of days to carry out the work.

I will get the car back tomorrow, as parts aren't available until the end of the week. Will be a month or 2 before I can get it back to the garage for them to sort it.

Quick update, it wasn't cam position sensor fault, it is fault codes for both exhaust cam solenoids. Will put the car back in for them to be replaced when it's due its service next month.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom