4 failed abs sensors 2005 W211 E270 cdi Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GeoffWestWales

Car
Mercedes E Class
Hi All,
Just noticed the postman had delivered my new iCarsoft MB V 2.0, updated the software and set it to work to clear my abs light on problem, as its the first time I have ever used a diagnostic tool it may be pilot error but it showed fault in all ABS sensors, cleared all codes, drove down our farm track light comes back on, re scan but for the life of me I cant remember how I tested the ABS, if its telling me the truth, I doubt 4 sensors would all go down, so does this point to an SBC pump fault?, I got the grey warning visit workshop but never the red, will start by checking electrical connections and fuses before I delve deaper, be ideal to here from more experienced iCarsoft users and other SBC equiped owners that have had trouble, Im not overly worried as can get the unit re built for £125 with 6 month warranty or a local guy is breaking an 06 W211 and want £150 for the SBC pump, but we all know they are a ticking time bomb, on a brighter note loving being back in a Mercedes she drives really well and has a good glued to the road feeling, sorry I ever defected to other vehicles lol

I have no idea how you are going from ABS sensors to SBC, 2 different systems.

The iCarsfoft will show fault codes, these are your keys.

You can also drive down the road with it on and check the Live Data so can see each wheels RPM reported. :)

Be very careful if doing anything live connected though as this may disable the SBC on some occasions when connected.

I have no idea how you are going from ABS sensors to SBC, 2 different systems.

The iCarsfoft will show fault codes, these are your keys.

You can also drive down the road with it on and check the Live Data so can see each wheels RPM reported. :)

Be very careful if doing anything live connected though as this may disable the SBC on some occasions when connected.
I had already had a few beers by the time I found the scanner had been delivered so the grey mist was not helping:)

I have remembered that one fault was brake switch open circuit and I know thats a given for throwing the codes I get, I did try the live data when I drove it a few feet on our farm track but think I will try it again today, I think it will be a great tool, just thought they would have got the battery code on it by now, but my battery is ok but would have been good to have for future use maybe?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom