4 Michelin at Costco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Just had the new Costco flyer

4 Michelin fitted with 20% discount 13 June to 3 July

If you don't need them yet, just buy them and have them fitted when ready.

Best I could do at Kwikfit and other outfits for my 4no, PS3's was £576.

Got them at Costco with the 20% voucher for £404 all inclusive. :thumb:

Best I could do at Kwikfit and other outfits for my 4no, PS3's was £576.

Got them at Costco with the 20% voucher for £404 all inclusive. :thumb:

Was that using KwikFit's online pricing?

Costco started off being way cheaper all the time, then the 10% discounts made their prices stunning. I find I can beat their normal prices quite easily now so this strikes me as something of scam - they've jacked the prices up so they can offer a bigger discount. If they can offer 20% off for a couple of months of the year, why can't they offer more competitive prices year round?

If they can offer 20% off for a couple of months of the year, why can't they offer more competitive prices year round?

Because Michelin sponsors the discount.

Was that using KwikFit's online pricing?

Costco started off being way cheaper all the time, then the 10% discounts made their prices stunning. I find I can beat their normal prices quite easily now so this strikes me as something of scam - they've jacked the prices up so they can offer a bigger discount. If they can offer 20% off for a couple of months of the year, why can't they offer more competitive prices year round?

The £576 price was visiting local Kwikfit and indie tyre outfits.
Whether Costco are playing with the prices or not, I'm not complaining if I get in at the right time. IIRC the vouchers are issued twice a year.

Its a wonder that this seems so Costco focused in that case, wonder why don't they do they same at all big chains selling their tyres

Costco will be an important "Global Account" for Michelin. They don't sell any other brand of tyres.

Costco will be an important "Global Account" for Michelin. They don't sell any other brand of tyres.

I think this is the main factor. Costco only sell Michelin and they keep decent stocks too.

Kwik-Fit were cheaper by a few £ last time I bought a new tyre but only if bought online with a three day lead time.

Costco on the other hand carry stock and are open late. No messing with pricing either - it's an all in price. Also because you can wander in and see the actual tyres you can spot if they have the yellow/red/blue lines before you buy.

Also because you can wander in and see the actual tyres you can spot if they have the yellow/red/blue lines before you buy.

It's interesting you say that as I have recently bought some Michelin Primacy tyres and they have no 'runout' bands.

I though all tyres had these bands to show which direction the tyre naturally wants to track (pull)?

Thanks

Adam

It's interesting you say that as I have recently bought some Michelin Primacy tyres and they have no 'runout' bands.

I though all tyres had these bands to show which direction the tyre naturally wants to track (pull)?

A Costco (Michelin trained) fitter told me the bands are a colour code for which vehicle manufacturer the tyres were designated for. Some of the tyres get pulled out and sent into the resale channels. I said "OK".

It was very interesting when they tried to put my rear wheels on the front - as my car has a staggered set-up. Oh and the Costco UK tyre product manager is Mr Twatt.

Do you need to get a hold of the flyer for the discount or it is just informing of the offer?

Do you need to get a hold of the flyer for the discount or it is just informing of the offer?

You'll need to get the voucher from the flyer. I have not had a flyer up to now this year containing the tyre voucher.

Just go to the Reception/CustomerServices desk as they have spare flyers.

You don't need vouvhers for regular purchases - automatically discounted at the till if the items qualify.

You don't need the flyer for the tyre discount as long as you know it is on then you automatically get it. The same is true for all other purchases - they are automatically deducted at the till.

Cheers folks.

I'm sure I recognise that forum name from somewhere... :thumb:

A Costco (Michelin trained) fitter told me the bands are a colour code for which vehicle manufacturer the tyres were designated for. Some of the tyres get pulled out and sent into the resale channels. I said "OK".

It was very interesting when they tried to put my rear wheels on the front - as my car has a staggered set-up. Oh and the Costco UK tyre product manager is Mr Twatt.

You would have thought that he would have got a deed poll form to change his name. Next you will be telling us that his first name is Firkin.

I dropped into costco today and got a price for PS2 225/40/18, £120 a tyre with the discount for each corner. That's a good price.

Got a price today from Costco vs. the place I normally use.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (replaces the 2 apparently):

245 40 18 97Y
Costco with discount: £212ea
R & M Tyres Medway: £198ea

265 35 18 97Y
Costco with discount: £269ea
R & M Tyres Medway: £234ea

So Costco are good but still £100 saving to made on all 4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom