4 Michelin at Costco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I got this email :D

Dear XXXXXXX,

It has come to our attention that you have applied for the excellent discounted offer for RMA members with Michelin! This offer is so good that as stated is only open to current members of the RMA Paddock Club as detailed in the newsletter attached below.

You may of course apply for membership now as the offer with Michelin expires on the 27th June. Membership starts from as little as £100 + VAT for the year and as well as providing the offers with Michelin and Competition Car also gives you a discount off every RMA track day.

If you would like to apply for membership you can do so here: RMA TRACK DAYS | RMA Paddock Club we can then confirm your membership with Michelin and your discount will be honoured as soon as your application is processed.

Please do get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

:wallbash:

Well I also applied for the discount and got sent two vouchers but no email saying that I had to be a member, so I got my 4 225/40/18 PS3s this evening, £600 discounted to £480 at Costco.

I plan to send off the receipt and other requested details tomorrow to Michelin and see what happens.

Picked some up yesterday from Croydon.

Good deal but the cashback would makje it a lot sweeter.

Got mine fitted last night @ 8pm at Costco Croydon for my C63 - good guys and really took care of my car - spent about an hour doing all four corners.

Walked away with Michy PS3's for £640 all in, which isn't bad at all!

Camskill would have cost me 728 plus fitting @ £40 - £60 at my trusted tyre place.

So, I am happy.:D

385£ for set of ps3 225/45/r17. Good price.
Can anyone help me out with members card?
At Croydon or Chingford? :)

I find with most of this Michelin offer stuff it is just shayte and they never send you the voucher or code. I mailed in once for a winter kit which did eventually arrive about 6 months later. The £50 voucher to be redeemed at Event never turned up and they just email me crap now...

I find with most of this Michelin offer stuff it is just shayte and they never send you the voucher or code. I mailed in once for a winter kit which did eventually arrive about 6 months later. The £50 voucher to be redeemed at Event never turned up and they just email me crap now...

If it's the same winter kit as I got I thought it's great.

The bag it came in still has the deicer and scraper in it, but now also has my twin foot pump, digital pressure guage, gloves, torch, head torch and even Halfords Professional mini tool kit in it!! Brilliant as I swap it over to Mrs D's car when we go away and I've got all my gubbins in one "grab".

You should follow up the voucher - I got mine - Sainsburys voucher IIRC.

Well I also applied for the discount and got sent two vouchers but no email saying that I had to be a member, so I got my 4 225/40/18 PS3s this evening, £600 discounted to £480 at Costco.

I plan to send off the receipt and other requested details tomorrow to Michelin and see what happens.

One week in but no rebait so far.....

I went on friday to get mine.......should be £70.78 a corner for Michelin Energy Saver 195/65/15 91 V which beats nearly all highstreet quotes. With the discount they work out at £56.62 a corner......bargain!! I also got them filled with Nitrogen :rolleyes:

I am awaiting a call back about some Michelin Alpin A4 winter tyres...and as I enquired about them before the 3rd I will get 20% off the for.

I asked about buying the tyres and bringing them back later for fitting.......they said that is fine provided that it is within 6 months there will be no additional charge.

The technician looked reasonably competant and respun the wheel after fitting the weights to check. Only thing I wasn't impressed was with using the impact gun to tighten the wheel bolts up then the torque wrench after. The torque wrench was also "double clicked" ....but the wheels came straight off when I got home to put another set I have on 2 of the bolts were far to tight. No harm done and a very good price indeed!

I am awaiting a call back about some Michelin Alpin A4 winter tyres...and as I enquired about them before the 3rd I will get 20% off the for.

I asked about buying the tyres and bringing them back later for fitting.......they said that is fine provided that it is within 6 months there will be no additional charge.

Hmm...did you get the name of the person who promised to honour the discount? They apply the offer discounts automatically now and I'd be fairly surprised if they would still give the discount outside the offer period. Was there an issue with the tyres - I called and they gave me a price and my wife ordered and paid for them when she went in. They said they'll call when they come into stock.

I've also taken tyres away a couple of times and taken them back much later - one cast that stands out was a year and a day, because one one the tyre fitters at first thought we'd come back the next day!

It's possible they have introduced this rule though - they've done several things to make their offer less attractive. Fitting charge went from £3 to £7 a while ago (big difference on cheaper tyres that the kids have on their cars) and the fact that you need to buy 4 tyres to get the discount is a nuisance. I wanted to buy 6 winter tyres but they would only apply discount to 4 of them.

Rory said:
Hmm...did you get the name of the person who promised to honour the discount? They apply the offer discounts automatically now and I'd be fairly surprised if they would still give the discount outside the offer period. Was there an issue with the tyres - I called and they gave me a price and my wife ordered and paid for them when she went in. They said they'll call when they come into stock.

I've also taken tyres away a couple of times and taken them back much later - one cast that stands out was a year and a day, because one one the tyre fitters at first thought we'd come back the next day!

It's possible they have introduced this rule though - they've done several things to make their offer less attractive. Fitting charge went from £3 to £7 a while ago (big difference on cheaper tyres that the kids have on their cars) and the fact that you need to buy 4 tyres to get the discount is a nuisance. I wanted to buy 6 winter tyres but they would only apply discount to 4 of them.

May be worth checking, I paid for my winters up front a week or so ago. This has got the discount as long as they can supply as they currently can't be ordered on their system. But as I told them I don't need them for about another 4 months so I am happy to wait.

No Chance

Just received a rejection letter from Michelin for the Summer Fuel Promotion. Costco are not on the approved dealer list for this promotion.

I don't think they care, but they don't realize they loose more money by me never buying their tyres in the future than giving me the £40 now.

In business I have always believed that it is easier to keep existing customers than it is to find new ones.

Still waiting for the RMA Club promotion to pay up, I'm not holding my breath for that one either.

Still nothing today

Has anyone received the 20% discount in their bank?

I said before that Michelin promotions are all a con.

And they are....this rebate thing makes it much harder for the customer once they have purchased the tyres. If they wanted a genuine offer to customers then they would offer money off at the time of payment.

Saying that, the Tyres are good...

Yippee

Just noticed that Michelin have deposited £92.79 into my bank account for the RMA club 20% off offer, so I got 20% off at Costco on four new tyres and a further 20% cash back from Michelin. It's a shame they did not honour the petrol voucher offer but still I call that a result!!!! :thumb::bannana::thumb:

Just noticed that Michelin have deposited £92.79 into my bank account for the RMA club 20% off offer, so I got 20% off at Costco on four new tyres and a further 20% cash back from Michelin. It's a shame they did not honour the petrol voucher offer but still I call that a result!!!! :thumb::bannana::thumb:

Are you an RMA member?

no - they mailed saying you wouldn't get it, but michelin have no way of checking this it looks like

i got my 20% too :)

no - they mailed saying you wouldn't get it, but michelin have no way of checking this it looks like

i got my 20% too :)

Assume you got your 20% too without RMA membership .. Excellent.

My 4 N rated PS2s cost £1120 so a nice £200 refund would be lovely.

The 20% refund is against the ex VAT cost only, isn't it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom