4 Michelin at Costco

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got a price today from Costco vs. the place I normally use.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3 (replaces the 2 apparently):

245 40 18 97Y
Costco with discount: £212ea
R & M Tyres Medway: £198ea

265 35 18 97Y
Costco with discount: £269ea
R & M Tyres Medway: £234ea

So Costco are good but still £100 saving to made on all 4.

R & M Medway's prices are amazing. Are they careful with your alloys? Have they ever damaged, scratched or kerbed your alloys?

You would have thought that he would have got a deed poll form to change his name. Next you will be telling us that his first name is Firkin.

off topic, but there is a sergeant in the army who gets announced on the radio occasionally called Jack Twatt - you can kind of sense the snigger when they say his name ;)

R & M Medway's prices are amazing. Are they careful with your alloys? Have they ever damaged, scratched or kerbed your alloys?

They have been since I've known about them (around 4 years now).

First time I went, it felt a bit like I was round the back of Phil Mitchell's lockup...

They are also very busy a lot of the time - so expect a wait.

I'm not aware of any issues with my wheels post-change - although I've only taken my previous Saab to them which had lacquer peeling off anyway, and our current Honda which has kerbed alloys.

Next time I go (not long now) will be the first time I've taken the Merc to them so it would be the acid test - although I am happy to unless Wright Tech can better those prices. I will be checking with them what they do to ensure they don't damage my wheels - just to be sure.

Saying that, they always use a torque-wrench of which those who don't are a personal bug bear.

The gaffer is I suspect someone who takes no sh*t but seems to be a fair guy when I've dealt with him - had a laugh once or twice. I think he has very high standards despite the budget prices.

Normally you get what you pay for but these guys are somewhat exceptional in that department - I've no qualms in using them.

Hi all,

just got this from rma, its supposedly members only, but doesn't do any checking - get 20% further off the costco 20% off price :)

MICHELIN : EXCLUSIVE OFFER FROM MICHELIN

no guarantees, but i got the voucher, and checked with michelin and so long as my receipt says 4 tyres......no probs

:)

ghouluk said:
Hi all,

just got this from rma, its supposedly members only, but doesn't do any checking - get 20% further off the costco 20% off price :)

no guarantees, but i got the voucher, and checked with michelin and so long as my receipt says 4 tyres......no probs

Thank you for this. I have just got my voucher. Well worth a try :)

Hi all,

Just registered. Good one!:thumb:

Last edited:
I tried last year, and at that time Costco wasn't a participating dealer. I checked with Michelin

Bobby Dazzler said:
I tried last year, and at that time Costco wasn't a participating dealer. I checked with Michelin

Rats :(

mmm, i asked today and they said any retailer of michelin tyres, no mention in t's and c's of authorised dealers

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Purchase 4 new Michelin tyres from a dealer of your choice.[/FONT]

in fact costco are listed on the dealer locator in the email - so i'd say they have to honour this one...

Michelin Dealer Locator | MICHELIN UK

(search reading and you'll find costco)

or was it the summer fuel one that asked for authorised dealer?

Costco are not a participating dealer for the fuel offer so you cannot get the £40 fuel.
The RMA deal does seem to apply though so you should get the further 20% discount.

My tyres are 4mm-5mm so not quite worn yet.

But with two times 20% this offer is really tempting....

I don't do much mileage, so a new set will be good for 3-4 years.

Hmm....

My tyres are 4mm-5mm so not quite worn yet.

But with two times 20% this offer is really tempting....

I don't do much mileage, so a new set will be good for 3-4 years.

Hmm....

If you've got somewhere to store them you can buy the tyres, take them away and they'll fit at a later date. A couple of times I've had 2 fitted and kept the other 2 for a while, once for 18mths.

hehe - just had an email off RMA telling me i need to be a member to use the discount voucher.

I had a chat with our lawyer at work as i couldn't see anything on the email they sent me or the t's and c's that michelin put on the voucher saying you had to be a current member of RMA.....she agrees they have to point this out before the event as they've put t's and c's on the voucher.

have written back -will keep you all posted

'Michelin has teamed up with RMA as their official track day partner. To celebrate this, members can benefit from this exclusive offer on a range of tyres... '

Well it clearly says members...

hehe - just had an email off RMA telling me i need to be a member to use the discount voucher.

I had a chat with our lawyer at work as i couldn't see anything on the email they sent me or the t's and c's that michelin put on the voucher saying you had to be a current member of RMA.....she agrees they have to point this out before the event as they've put t's and c's on the voucher.

have written back -will keep you all posted

I got this email :D

Dear XXXXXXX,

It has come to our attention that you have applied for the excellent discounted offer for RMA members with Michelin! This offer is so good that as stated is only open to current members of the RMA Paddock Club as detailed in the newsletter attached below.

You may of course apply for membership now as the offer with Michelin expires on the 27th June. Membership starts from as little as £100 + VAT for the year and as well as providing the offers with Michelin and Competition Car also gives you a discount off every RMA track day.

If you would like to apply for membership you can do so here: RMA TRACK DAYS | RMA Paddock Club we can then confirm your membership with Michelin and your discount will be honoured as soon as your application is processed.

Please do get in touch if you have any questions.

Kind regards

:wallbash:

Me too. We shouldn't be too surprised though.

CHEERS I'm going round there 2moro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom