4 star leaded petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dragon

Banned
After my excursion to London last Sunday, I popped into my local Sainsbury's petrol station to take advantage of the cheapest petrol in town, I noticed leaded 4 star petrol are back on sale. Am I missing something? I thought leaded petrol were removed from forecourts in 2000.:confused:

i think you must have made a mistake dragon, or the pump was labelled incorrectly... LRP (lead replacement petrol) is still available but no one stocks it due to its unpopularity.

i think you must have made a mistake dragon, or the pump was labelled incorrectly... LRP (lead replacement petrol) is still available but no one stocks it due to its unpopularity.

I didn't pay much attention to it. You are right. I remember it red colour and 97 RON with 4 stars on it. If Sainsburys stock it then there must be a lot up and down the country. I was expecting super unleaded but it not there anymore maybe because of the price hike.

we sell super unleaded, we get all the scoobie's in nuneaton come to us!

We dropped LRP at our petrol station when we realised that the only customer was me in my yellow benz...

LRP is to be dropped within the next month in Sainsburys in Guildford, I guess the whole chain will dropp it soon.

Simon

LRP is to be dropped within the next month in Sainsburys in Guildford, I guess the whole chain will dropp it soon.

Simon

Will there be a discount and will it runs on my unleaded engines?

What happens if I put it in by mistake, will it damage my unleaded engines?

You can't put it in your car by mistake, the nozzle won't fit into your filler neck

The News thread should be renamed "News and Everything Dragon Says, Newsworthy or Not"

Blimey; that bloke is bad at taking hints :rolleyes:

The News thread should be renamed "News and Everything Dragon Says, Newsworthy or Not"

Blimey; that bloke is bad at taking hints :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I'm not trying to be mean, it's just that Dragon doesn't seem to notice that all his posts are going into News, and they shouldn't, and that people keep telling him, but it makes no difference.

I certainly wasn't as rude to Dragon and he was to me, before he removed his post!

During the petrol protests in 2000 I used LRP in my mk2 vauxhall astra, it would run on 4* Unleaded and LRP and had no catalytic converter. It was supposed to be run on something like a tank of 4* to every 5 of unleaded but it had NEVER been run on leaded (owned from new by my parents) so was very tricky to get started and run til warm, was also the first of vauxhall's "auto-choke" models so that didn't help!

Was great using LRP as the local Texaco NEVER ran out of it during that week! :)

ahh, thought it was a lot worse than that!

Is it Malaysian? Where is FredFloggle when you neeed him! :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom