4 wheel hunter alignment recommendation in south london ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
Hi all,

I am looking to have the alignment checked / adjusted om my C43 AMG

Can anyone recommend a garage using the Hunter equipment in South London ?

Many Thanks

I'm from south london / surrey and I go to Hounslow tyres, they are excellent. Proper Hunter 4 wheel alignment and a guru that works the machine (can't remember his name for the life of me)

Wheel Power, Brockley.

Make the extra journey and go to Wheels in Motion in Chesham - you will be glad you did.

All of those mentioned above are very highly rated (though never heard of Southall tyres being mentioned as good - I'm sure it is just never heard of it)

Make the extra journey and go to Wheels in Motion in Chesham - you will be glad you did.

Ideally yes I'd go there but it really is a bit of a truck from South London..

I'm from south london / surrey and I go to Hounslow tyres, they are excellent. Proper Hunter 4 wheel alignment and a guru that works the machine (can't remember his name for the life of me)

Is that on Staines Road ?

Ideally yes I'd go there but it really is a bit of a truck from South London..
I drive 60 miles to use them, I’d never go anywhere else I’ve been so happy. 👍

I drive 60 miles to use them, I’d never go anywhere else I’ve been so happy. 👍
Agreed - I drive to them from Essex because of the same reason - now have an excellent setup

Bit the bullet today and went took a trip to WIM.

Soo glad I did as they are a great bunch of professional, helpful, friendly guys who definately know what they are doing !!!

Highly recommended if you want your ride to be set up perfectly !

Soo glad I did as they are a great bunch of professional, helpful, friendly guys who definately know what they are doing !!!

Yep - I got tired of hearing from tyre shops they could only set the vehicle up to manufacturers settings - useless when a car is 12 years old, has 'settled' and needs castor, camber and toe-in setting correctly to drive right not just 'set' right. My previous vehicle was a Lexus GS which I lowered to stop it driving like a water bed and WIM set that up - for a big heavy car it actually drove like a hot hatch and was so stable at speed.

What did that cost if you don’t mind me asking buddy

What did that cost if you don’t mind me asking buddy
I had the 4 wheels balanced....they have a balancing machine that uses the five prong holder that sits inside the wheel bolt holes so it is far more accurate, geometry calibration front and rear .....£130

I had the 4 wheels balanced....they have a balancing machine that uses the five prong holder that sits inside the wheel bolt holes so it is far more accurate, geometry calibration front and rear .....£130
Cheers buddy , I might have to pay them a visit :)

I have my rear near side wheel toe off, its apparently 0'50'' while the recommended setting is 0'17'', so quite a bit. The other garage told me they couldnt adjust it because the bolt is stuck.
Is that a big job? I can see in MB manual they say 2-3h of work. However if its stuck they would have to take it out somehow, worst case scenario drill through? I think it did ruin my tyre because the other side has almost double the tread left.. :/ I would never expect it to have such a big impact

Had front struts replaced under warranty that required a wheel alignment afterwards, steering wheel now sits to the right when steering straight ahead, dealership has aligned twice but steering still looks like it sits to the right. If I go to a reputable Hunter alignment do they need to reset anything in the car, angle sensor or similar? Or is just a straight alignment job?
I'm 100% sure its just a front toe issue, not suspension related. When the steering wheel is clamped if its slighlty off this will cause an issue so I'm pretty sure its just a matter of opinion of the straightness of the steering wheel at the clamping stage? Car is C63 W205 coupe

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom