4 x 19" in a CLS

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

673NN

Car
2014 CLS 250 CDi AMG Line Sport and 2016 E Class Convertible AMG Line Premium
Has anyone had 4 x 19" alloys with tyres inside their CLS.? I need to pick a set up. I think they will fit in but just checking to see if it's been done before.!

Yes they will. I had 19"s on my 320CDI and swapped them for 18"s, because the ride was so rubbish (even with Airmatic) and because they kept cracking every time I drove over a pebble. I bought the 18"s in one place (Brighton, as I remember), had them swapped over and transported the 19"s to the place I had sold them to (Southampton, I think) before a wonderfully leisurely soft glide back from the south coast to Yorkshire. One of the best decisions I ever made.

The 19"s all fitted on the rear seats (wrapped in black bin liners) with room to spare. That was the W219 rather than a W218, but I'm sure it won't be a problem.

Last edited:
Hi,
I have also had 4 19" rims with tyres on in the back of my CLS55, though I don't think I could have any passengers.

Yes they'll fit, but as a matter of safety, remove the valve cores so that they're not inflated. I know this was a freak event, but tyres do let go and inside the cabin that will likely have dire consequences.

Remember also that they are heavy and as they are unrestrained they could be lethal in the event of a crash. My guess is that it would constitute an unsafe load, so don't do anything to attract the attention of the Boys in Blue ;)

Yes they'll fit, but as a matter of safety, remove the valve cores so that they're not inflated. I know this was a freak event, but tyres do let go and inside the cabin that will likely have dire consequences.

Remember also that they are heavy and as they are unrestrained they could be lethal in the event of a crash. My guess is that it would constitute an unsafe load, so don't do anything to attract the attention of the Boys in Blue ;)

Wow. Did not realise that was even a risk.

yes I had one on the front seat two on the back and oone in the boot. just wrap them up in bin liners or as I did old blankets and use the seat bets to help stop them moving.

I bought my CLS with AMG 19" wheels, looked lovey. I changed to 18" wheels and then had a set of 17" with winter tyres. It was significantly better on 17" than the 19" and 18", though the 18" are a good compromise. I have airmatic, can't imagine how horrible the ride would be on 20" with steel springs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom