4 x 4 Gossip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
One of our neighbours loves to have the latest in 4 x 4's It started with the BMW X5 which they kept for about 18 months, then they purchased the Porsche Cayanne which has now been replaced with the Range Rover Sport.

The Porsche only lasted 6 months and they were not impressed at all. The main complaint was the ride was far to hard, but they simply did not think it was as good as the X5. The Range Rover is supposedly the best 4 x 4 they have ever owned!! ;) they only bought it last Friday, but they tell me there is a premium on these vehicles and they might be tempted to sell it. :D

Interestingly though their Focus RS has seen all the 4 x 4's come and go. I think there might be a moral there somewhere?

Daren't suggest getting an M-class :eek:

John

I've owned an original Range Rover before I moved over to the G Wagon.. which i fell in love with at first drive. Sadly the RHD G's stopped production a few years ago as there wasn't much demand. The ML never measured up to the G, in build quality, or ride quality.

However the plus side to production stopping was that prices began to increase or stay the same with good quality models. As a guide.. i recently sold my G, having owned it for 6 years.. for £500 less than what i paid for it. Family pressure has forced me to sell the G, but once my kids a little older, i'm heading to Germany to find a G500. Since i'll be the only one driving, i won't have a problem with LHD :)

My advice... if you want a 4x4 you won't go wrong with a G!! You'll probably pay around the same price as a RR Sport for a 2 year old G Wagon... but the car you'll get in return will be far better. I saw someone selling the last short wheel base G in RHD, for a £10k premium over the purchase price. A car like that will always be in demand :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom