42000 mile service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

angrypaul

Car
C220 cdi
I have a question on servicing....My C220 CDI AMG has it service B due this week, its done 43000 miles and 2 garages have told me I need the gearbox oil changing and 2 have told me its not due until 75000 miles? any clues peeps?

Cheers Paul

There are hundreds of post about 5G and 7G 772.6 ATF change. All seem to stem from MB initially saying that the box was 'sealed for life' (Boll*x IMHO) and then sort of changing their minds someway along the way.

Personally I would get it (and the filter) changed and forget about it for another 70K miles.

Others on here will also have advice.

I have a question on servicing....My C220 CDI AMG has it service B due this week, its done 43000 miles and 2 garages have told me I need the gearbox oil changing and 2 have told me its not due until 75000 miles? any clues peeps?

Cheers Paul
..Speak to a Mercedes dealer.. re ATF I will have mine changed every 35 thou miles approx. and my car is similar mileage to yours......foxy52

There are hundreds of post about 5G and 7G 772.6 ATF change. All seem to stem from MB initially saying that the box was 'sealed for life' (Boll*x IMHO) and then sort of changing their minds someway along the way.

Personally I would get it (and the filter) changed and forget about it for another 70K miles.

Others on here will also have advice.
agree.. this ones a regular on the forum... 35 thou miles is long enough to drive on 1 oil..sealed box or otherwise.. get it changed ...its prudent to re lubricate ...I have read of horror stories re ATF.. TURNING TO TAR/BLACK GUNGE !!!.. foxy52

How old is the car? Your handbook should specify oil change requirements for the ATF..

Later 7-speed ones are generally every 5 years or 75,000 miles, earlier 7-speed were, IIRC, were once at 3 years / 45,000 miles.

Thanks for the Advice peeps, Just have the service done and checked with the Garage who said the Book says 70000 miles but as a precaution I have had it changed anyway. They kept a sample for me and to be honest the oil is quite a bit darker than the new oil so best to air on the side of caution with this one and avoid a possibly bigger bill in the future

Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom