447 Vito drivers seat belt mechanism

• Thread starter Deleted member 113659
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 113659

My Vito is just past 2 years old and 9k miles.

Lately when I un-click my seat belt it doesn’t retract/recoil back onto the reel.

Could it be that the spring on the recoil mechanism has weakened?

It’s becoming a pest and I have to manually feed it bit by bit into the guide.

Any thoughts on this being a valid warranty claim?

TIA. Ant.

Pull the seatbelt out as far as it will go then place a peg at the end nearest to the pillar to stop it retracting back in.
Get a bucket of warm soapy water and wash the seatbelt from end to end. You'll be surprised how dirty they can get.
Dry it with a towel and leave it out to dry fully.
Spray silicone spray on both sides.

Brian.

Pull the seatbelt out as far as it will go then place a peg at the end nearest to the pillar to stop it retracting back in.
Get a bucket of warm soapy water and wash the seatbelt from end to end. You'll be surprised how dirty they can get.
Dry it with a towel and leave it out to dry fully.
Spray silicone spray on both sides.

Brian.

I’m not doubting you. It’s just that I’ve never encountered this before in any vehicle I’ve ever owned including 3 Ford Transits from new.

I’ll give it a try tomorrow Brian. Cheers

Just an idea, could it be that the belt has wound on unevenly left to right. So the sides are rubbing, causing friction.

Maybe if you draw it fully out and let it recoil while holding it central, it’ll wind back on the reel neater.

Worth a shot.

Update:

I cleaned the belt and also applied silicone spray.

No better at all. Booked it in with dealer the week after next on a warranty claim. I’ll update again with the verdict.

Update:

I cleaned the belt and also applied silicone spray.

No better at all. Booked it in with dealer the week after next on a warranty claim. I’ll update again with the verdict.

Good luck ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom