45-65 drinking too much???

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yugguy

MB Enthusiast
Car
W204 C220CDI Elegance with Comand
Let's see.

We are responsible for the generation below us, and the generation above us. Our parent's generation is dying off.
We can feel the dogs of old age snapping at our heels.
We have no job security, and unlike at the age of 20, if we get made redundant at 50 or over, we're likely screwed or at best having to take a much lower paid job.
We have massive mortgages and dependent kids.
We're battling hormonal teenagers and idiot managers.
We have an entire generation of entitled millenials telling us it's all our fault.

Frankly, it's amazing that we ever stop drinking.

Get rid of the debt - trade down so you live within your means!

Get up the TLVF brigade their ideas and their offspring, put those mils in their place no matter how much blood is spilt.

Everything else should fall into place nicely.

P.S. We have a lot to thank the previous gen for but are only just relising it now - now that they are no longer relevant in day to day life.

We have an entire generation of entitled millenials telling us it's all our fault.

Getting sick of hearing this, it's a massive overgeneralisation. Don't tar us all with the same brush.

We are both retired, a gin and tonic during the chase on tv and then eat afterwards usually sharing a half bottle of wine most but not every day.

Doctor advises us to cut down so I say “so you want me to ruin the best years of my life to extend the worst? Sitting in an old folks home incontinent and with Alzheimer’s is not something to look forward to.

Doctor just smiles!

The opposite has happened to me.
Big drinker in my 20's
Less in the 30 - 40's as I spent my money on my house and family.
50's yep, I had a few but toward the end of my 50's I found I really disliked the hangovers that accompanied a big night so just cut right back.
Now in my 60's I think I have had about 5 pints since Christmas. I don't miss it and never bothers me. Can take or leave it anytime now.

I was a massive drinker around the age of 20-30s, things went a little wrong in my life until i met my Current Wife 17 years ago she sorted me out,i Drank considerable less and now at 39 just 2 pints generally on a Friday evening does me fine.

As above i dislike the hangover's so keep away from the booze, i cant handle my drink these days anyway abit of a light weight so just aswel haha

A few years ago I was stood at the bar next to a fellow motorcycle club member who happened to be a GP. I made a quip about him and his wife obviously being a bit thirsty as he loaded up a tray with a couple of large G&T's, a bottle of red and a pint.

"Do you know how us doctors define an alcoholic?", he asked.

"No," said I.

"Anyone who drinks more than we do!", he said with a grin as he headed off to a table :D

thirsty as he loaded up a tray with a couple of large G&T's

That just reminded be of a presentation evening a few years ago. My turn to get the drinks in for our table. Bottles of Fosters Ice was on offer at 2 for 1 so the six of us just doubled up.

Me: “12 bottles of Fosters Ice please”

Barmaid: “you want a tray for those love?” As she plonked then on the bar.

Me: “De ye not think I’ve got enough to carry for gods sake? :rolleyes:

She’s obviously heard it a thousand times before as she just walked off shaking her head. :)

The opposite has happened to me.
Big drinker in my 20's
Less in the 30 - 40's as I spent my money on my house and family.
50's yep, I had a few but toward the end of my 50's I found I really disliked the hangovers that accompanied a big night so just cut right back.
Same here but I still like my regular Friday night out , rarely drink at home because it doesn't taste as good. Average weekly units is about 10.

Saying what’s your fault? :doh:

Everything. All the evils of the world. Apart from Brexit which is the fault of the boomers. Phew.:eek: :D

Users who are viewing this thread