45 years with no licence !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I suspect she was a better driver than a lot on todays roads, I don't condone her actions though.

She was given penalty points for speeding in 2002, her fake license was convincing!

"You were utterly wilful in relation to your decision to be driving."
"You knew you were not entitled to drive and, in order to protect and preserve a pretence of normality, you had this document in your possession, for some period of time, so you could simply flout the Road Traffic Act."

He said driving tests showed that people had "the experience, quality and ability to drive."

My **** does it.

That's a very talented **** you have there...

I posted on the forum before about this type of crime.

In certain parts of East London, Police estimate that up to 30%+ of people are driving with fraudulent licenses. These are obtained by getting one family member to take the test on behalf of other family members.

One officer I spoke with described it to me as 'the norm' in certain communities where they actually did not see anything wrong in this. It was simply accepted that when family member xxx wished to start driving, they would cal up yyyyy and ask him/her to book and take test for them.

One chap was eventually caught when the examiner thought he recognised him from a few day previously, where he had passed his test under a different name. When questioned it was found that he had taken many (I believe it was over 40) successful tests. The Police admitted that he was only caught when greed and complacency became involved and he was taking several tests in a short period at the same test center.

Maybe they should photograph testees at the test centre and use that photo for the licenses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* 2017 W222 S350d SWB AMG Line Premium Plus
* Ashford, Kent & Mons, Belgium
Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

Maybe they should photograph testees at the test centre and use that photo for the licenses.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Photo's of hairy balls ? ;)

They look at your provisional licence when you go, and that you march the image on it... I don't get how people can have others sit the test

They look at your provisional licence when you go, and that you march the image on it... I don't get how people can have others sit the test

Now, you need to be careful as someone may reply - "because they all look the same"

Isn't the provisional licence these days a photocard anyway ?

The examiner should be able to check the person taking the test is the person whose photo is on the card .

A friend of mine became victim to identity fraud recently.

The bank called him to question some suspicious activities in his account.

They said he walked into a local branch and was identified by his driving license.

....but he was out of the country at the time, and had his driving license with him.

The bank stopped the transaction - he was very lucky. It was a 5 figure sum, too.

Isn't the provisional licence these days a photocard anyway ?

The examiner should be able to check the person taking the test is the person whose photo is on the card .
So the examiners aren't competently checking the photos? Or sometimes the provisionals are also faked?

There was relatively recently a programme on the telly box about recognising people. Some people are apparently 'super recognisers' but most can't recognise a person from their photo...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom