450 SLC Corrosion

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

01alam

Hello All,

I have posted a few thread about my new car.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me how I could reapri this? Would a normal rub and paint do the job, or should I use filler? And would anyone have any experience of buying such parts anywahere?

The sills are in great condition, its just that area which need attention. I would really appreciate your help.

Angus

NB not my car, but this one looks nice

Last edited:
To be honest what you can see is probably not the whole story. C107s and R107s are notorious for rotting from the inside out. The whole wing area from the windscreen down to the rear bulkhead and round to the point you mention is likely to hide rust.

You can buy the panels to cut in and replace as filling would be hard to match the detailing, or you could go the whole hog and replace the rear wing. Any decent MB specialaist with bodyshop facilities should be able to help. It all depends on how good a repair you want.

Hello All,

I have posted a few thread about my new car.

I am wondering if anyone could tell me how I could reapri this? Would a normal rub and paint do the job, or should I use filler? And would anyone have any experience of buying such parts anywahere?

The sills are in great condition, its just that area which need attention. I would really appreciate your help.

Angus

NB not my car, but this one looks nice

You can buy a repair panel A1076371109 (£271.45!).

Most SLCs I've ever seen have been somewhat rusty, inner sills might be worth looking at...

Thanks Stats007 and Nick Mercedes,

I think I will probably get 2 of those and see how it goes. I am thinking about having the car painted 2 tone, black on top and silver from that panel down.

Angus

Nick Mercedes,

I just found that part on Starz Part for 75 pounds + Delivery and have already bought it, it is only the left side, I am using the Russian page at the moment for parts number and hopefully will find one soon.

Angus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom