450 Slc

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

RodgerDodger

Car
99 - E300 TD - W210
Any thoughts on this from 1978 - looks nice and BIN price is only 3750

Item No. 190284649041

Attachments

• 1978 SLC 450.jpg
    1978 SLC 450.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 88
Nice looking car, although you'll get plenty of resistance from those who think the SL is way better. I like these, a bit different. I'd say the price is good IF the mileage is low and there isn't rust...it's notorious for eating its way through these sadly.

Check for NO RUST underneath.

I recently did a deal on a 450 SLC, and have had some problems (dispute), but when it is all resolved will put up a post about it.

But I must say I do like the SLC. Longer than the SL, and practical seats in the back make it a winner.

To be honest - i didn't know there was a differance:eek:

very clasic lines - nice colour too

if only i had some spare cash:(

My Old boss had one as a third car /sunny days car.

He did spend a fair bit keeping it / making it nice.

Have to say I'm in the clan that would rather have an SL, if its going to be a sunny day / second car then I would want roof down motoring (such as silversallons)

If you like it I would definately view with eyes wide open and poke around underneath.

Sorry, the roof must come off.:cool:

To be honest - i didn't know there was a differance:eek:
It's a coupe, rather than a convertible. With all the potential 107 rust issues.

Styling is questionable IMO. The 'filler' panel on each side (behind the rear window) looks like a distinct bodge. IIRC it was so that standard SL glass could be used :crazy:

mercedes69.jpg

Mind you this one is ok ;)

mercedes-benz-amg-40th-anniversary-1980-450-slc-amg-side-1024x768.jpg

Maybe that was the only place without rust that they could drill....

What a rust bucket

Sorry just not keen

Maybe that was the only place without rust that they could drill....

What a rust bucket

Sorry just not keen

Totally agree, its a piece of junk.:crazy:

Have to say I'm in the clan that would rather have an SL, if its going to be a sunny day / second car then I would want roof down motoring (such as silversallons)

If you like it I would definately view with eyes wide open and poke around underneath.

Not thinking buying -it just caughtmy eye whilst browsing the 'Classic Section' for W126's
thats the thing with ebay/window shopping -its easy to get distracted from your search as there's so many to choose that i like from the 70's /80's - SEC, SL etc.

I would love an SEL - think i've always loved them!! - and do try to stick/focus and rely on my first instincts/impressions.
one day maybe - no rush but first i need to do the W126 homework, then have good run on my weekly football coupons (stash the cash) and then sit back with my finger on the buy now button.

i considered an SLC when i was looking for an SL mainly due to them being much cheaper than their ragtop counterparts.

however not sure if i would see any point in using the SLC instead of the W124...... whereas the roof comes off the SL....

its gonna have rust issues at 3k though.... probably much the same as my SL (see my recent thread for some horrors that lurk underneath!!)

cheers

derek

Styling is questionable IMO. The 'filler' panel on each side (behind the rear window) looks like a distinct bodge.

Mind you this one is ok ;)

That would be an excellent mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom