4g ee mobile broadband

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
My house is a long way from our telephone exchange and so my broadband is limited to 2mb. We have no cable and no infinity and no other options apart from ee 4g. They are offering 8gb for 25pm including a free router. Anyone used 4g or got any relevant experience?

I use their 3G router and it's not particularly fast or reliable.

Do check that your house is within their 4G coverage area... but don't trust their coverage maps too much. If it doesn't work well, you will have a hell of a time gatting the contract cancelled, IMHO

Not sure it will help, but I have 4g on my phone and it great. And some times it's even faster than my wifi

I use their 3G router and it's not particularly fast or reliable.

Do check that your house is within their 4G coverage area... but don't trust their coverage maps too much. If it doesn't work well, you will have a hell of a time gatting the contract cancelled, IMHO

Good advice apart from the last line. It'll be a doddle to cancel within the first fourteen days, all of the operators have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee for precisely this reason. I think (but may have mis-remembered) that EE are doing a free trial for 30 days at the moment.

Would 8GB be enough, or are you thinking of it as an adjunct to your landline BB?
I use about 10gb but talk talk have offered me my existing broadband for nothing as it is so slow. So keeping slowband as a backup is viable...

Good advice apart from the last line. It'll be a doddle to cancel within the first fourteen days, all of the operators have a 14 day satisfaction guarantee for precisely this reason. I think (but may have mis-remembered) that EE are doing a free trial for 30 days at the moment.
They are offering 30 days trial on a 24 month contract but no local branches have the router thingy in stock..

Forget EE service and coverage as well as speed is not good wait for the vodafone 4g vodafone has and will always be the best data carrier due to it,s Infrastructure, that said 3 has the fastest 3g service at present

I have both a Vodafone on 3G and a ee 4g. The ee is like a rocket ship compared to the 3 g. Depends on areas suppose.

Forget EE service and coverage as well as speed is not good wait for the vodafone 4g vodafone has and will always be the best data carrier due to it,s Infrastructure, that said 3 has the fastest 3g service at present

Not sure that this holds true anymore. It certainly used to be the case but I believe EE now has greater coverage than any other network in the UK.

I say this as a long term vodafone user who happens to have a company provided EE device as well. Voda may still have the best voice coverage (debatable) but in terms of data...they are no longer king n9t by a long way.

That said, every network has their strengths and weaknesses so choose whats best for your particular locational requirement. The west country is EE by a country mile whereas the home counties Voda probably has the slight edge.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom