4MATIC drive shaft bearing

Discussion in 'Engine' started by broncc, Aug 2, 2017.

1. broncc

broncc Member

Car:
    W211 E280 CDI 4MATIC
    Someone told me that replacing the front drive shaft bearing (A1129800115) on 4MATIC cars is good preventive maintenance especially on high mileage cars. Has anyone done this on his own? The part is pretty cheap but I'm not sure if it's easily DIY-able.

[​IMG]

2. grober

grober MB Master

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    Unfortunately that model was never imported to the UK in RHD form. Until very recently there were no RHD versions of 4MATIC models meaning its unlikely anyone in the UK has performed this replacement. Its not clear from the diagram but I am assuming the bearing in question is the one at the far side of the sump casting from the front differential and supports the intermediate shaft leading to the front drive shaft. Without knowing exactly how the bearing replacement is done I imagine its only possible with the transfer shaft removed? :dk:

1 person likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    broncc

broncc Member

Car:
    W211 E280 CDI 4MATIC
    Ahh, I didn't know there was no 4MATIC W211 in the UK. Thanks though.

4. grober

grober MB Master

Car:
    W204 C200CDI Estate
    You might have better luck on some of the USA forums. They are usually up for a bit of DIY?

1 person likes this.