4matic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kam09

MB Enthusiast
Car
E350cdi coupe sport obs black
Hi all, is there a particular reason to why mb have not pushed 4matic across the whole range like Audi has done with its Quattro and now bmw with its x drive??

Reason I ask is other day I had a brand new courtesy c220d premium plus saloon and as it was fully loaded I was very impressed with all the toys but the only downside I thought of was it being a rear wheel drive so that's what's putting me off considering one in the future! I'll take a glc all day tho!

Depends which country you live.......market requirements.

They're rolling out from next summer. Couldn't work with the old platform and right hand drive

the only downside I thought of was it being a rear wheel drive so that's what's putting me off

The only downside? The only downside?! It's the main upside to owning a Mercedes!

And BMW and Audi have gone down the AWD route because they're chasing after the female buyers.

SPX said:
The only downside? The only downside?! It's the main upside to owning a Mercedes! And BMW and Audi have gone down the AWD route because they're chasing after the female buyers.
Lol ok that's your opinion but for me awd would make the new 205 saloon or even the new c coupe the perfect package.. but like I stated the GLC looks like it could be the perfect package..

2000px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

RHD in blue.

2000px-Countries_driving_on_the_left_or_right.svg.png

RHD in blue.

There's your reason....

Financially not worthwhile.

Not long ago I started to research why we drive on the left rather than the right and from what I could discern it comes down to something bizarre like the side the cavalry used to hitch their sword whilst riding.

If they had the need to swipe at johnny banana republic without the need to unsaddle the chap needed to be on their right as that's where the sword was.

Hence we ride (drive) on the left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom